IP35 Pro - 0.1. error code

Associate
Hi all,

I've just moved my computer to my new place, and after working fine a few times it will no longer boot.

A quick look at the mini-lcd shows the error code 0.1. The manual is very unhelpful about this code, and can not find much info through Google as to what exactly the problem is.

I have reset CMOS, both through the switch and the jumper; tested the board out of case with just cpu right through to full rig with no change in the code.

Have tested PSU on another machine and it boots - although this machine is a lot older and only used the main atx plug.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My running theory is that something may have been damaged during transit and that the mobo is stuffed.

Associate
OP
Full spec -

Abit IP35 Pro
Intel Q6660 SLACR
2x 2GB OCZ Vista Series Ram
8800 GT
Corsair 520w PSU

The system does not power up either from the case power switch or the on-board power button.

The red light on the board does not light, and the little LCD screen stays at 0.1. under any circumstance - I've taken the mobo out of the case and stripped it, adding part by part with no change to the reading -apart from when I set Clear CMOS.

Previously the system has ran just fine, I bought all the parts together around Christmas '08.

Could it be a problem with a capacitor on the Mobo is what I am wondering - power gets to the board (as the LCD screen is on) but it will not power up.

Soldato
Do you have a system speaker installed? If not can you install one and see if you are getting any beep codes?

This will really help with the diagnosis.

From Google 0.1 is 'Expand the Xgroup codes located in physical memory address 1000:0'

Associate
OP
The speaker will only beep when I have set the mobo to Clear CMOS.

I have abosulutely no clue about the above codes meaning... and google offers little help as to a further explaination of wether it is a PSU or Mobo issue.

Whatever the code means, it is stopping the board from reaching the hardware check stage.

It's an odd one, and looking at it, I think I will either need a new Mobo or a new PSU.

Soldato
PSU or RAM would be my guess, but I agree its an unusual error.

Have you tried completely removing the bios battery and leaving the system off for about 15mins to fully drain it? Sometimes that can kick things into life.

When starting I would suggest 1 stick of RAM in Slot 1, the CPU, GPU, 1 HDD and nothing else.

Associate
OP
Aye, left the battery out overnight and still no dice.

What's odd is that the display doesnt change, no matter how I configure the mobo. Even with no RAM, the error remains at 0.1. Changing channels, adding cards/HDDs etc makes no difference - and the power-up is refused under all these circumstances.

Have un-plugged and re-plugged all the PSU leads into the mobo, with no luck.

Associate
OP
Hi all,

Just wanted to pop into this thread to say that I tested a second PSU and still no dice.

So I picked up a replacement mobo (of a different brand) and the computer is now working fine, having reinstalled Windows.

Still no clue as to what the problem is/was!

Associate
The system does not power up either from the case power switch or the on-board power button.

It is November 2022 and I just registered to say a big "THANK YOU" for helping me revive my 14+ years old desktop. After lying turned off for years, I tried to turn it on to get some data from my nostalgic PC. Attempting to turn it, resulted in no fan spinning (not even the PSU's) but the POST would read first '2', then '0.1.'. It has been 7+ years since I toyed around with motherboards... so I was completely clueless as to how diagnose this. The User's manual didn't help. Googling didn't help. I was ready to give up... then I encountered this comment: "from the case power switch or the on-board power button."

I forgot completely that it is not enough to power up the PSU...

That is, powering up the PSU should be followed by pressing the on-board power button. It is that simple.

I am posting my comment for the benefit of others who may be in a similar situation.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom