iPad 3 screen repair options

Associate
So....my daughter has managed to drop her (admittedly ageing) iPad 3 and it now has a hairline crack across the glass and some fragmentation of the glass at the one corner. Looking at repairs on t'internet (rather than the somewhat expensive solution via Apple) and there seem lots of places which which will replace the screen for a much more reasonable price - including Timpsons.

My question is - could anyone recommend/have experience of a particular repairer or are they all pretty much the same?

Man of Honour
Not much experience but only Apple will have the official Apple screen. I guess for a child it doesn't matter that much.

Associate
OP
why are you even bothered about resale value of a few generations old device with cracked screen?

I was planning on getting her a new one and selling this one one to fund some of the cost - even CEX would offer ~£100 for it according to their website. Of course, that was before she dropped it :(

Most of the places I've looked at online are around the £30-£40 mark for replacement of the digitiser (which is all I think I'll need). I might just take it in to Timpsons to see what they'd charge to do it...

Back
Top Bottom