iPad 3rd gen damaged

Soldato
our original ipad is still going strong despite many drops being stood on by toddlers and general abuse that a house with 3 kids under 10 can throw at it. apart from a few scratches on the rear casing its fine. OP that is just wow.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
A mate of mine's housemate managed to break the screen on his new iPad whilst closing the smart cover on it. He's no idea how/why it broke the screen, nor did Apple - but they gave him a new one.

Soldato
Maybe she thought it was faulty and the only way to get a replacement was to smash it to get a new one all together, and then say she dropped a spoon on it.

Soldato
That looks like proper impact damage. Send your mrs into the apple shop with a low cut top on. If they don't do it for free then it shouldn't be too expensive as its only the glass and digitiser that's smashed, not the actual screen

Soldato
dropped a plastic baby spoon
Edit: Avoid irc, or you'll get slated by PR and I regarding the contents of this thread!

nub.jpg

Last edited:

GeX

GeX

Soldato
That looks like proper impact damage. Send your mrs into the apple shop with a low cut top on. If they don't do it for free then it shouldn't be too expensive as its only the glass and digitiser that's smashed, not the actual screen

It'll be all one unit though. So the fact the screen isn't smashed doesn't really matter.

Caporegime
The digitisers are separate units to the displays, it cost me about £35 for the part the last time I changed one on an iPad 2.

It's a horrible job though that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Back
Top Bottom