IPad advice needed - Apple newbie!

Soldato
OK, everything in our house is Android, however, 12 year old daughters mates are all on Apple :rolleyes:.

For a Xmas prezzie she has has asked for an Ipad, although i knew Apple was more expensive, i was VERY shocked at how expensive :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think we can budget up to around £350, but as i said, i have no idea on models or any current offers etc.

Any advice?!

Soldato
We have the cheapest new iPad which is currently about £339 and has 32gb of storage. We had an old iPad 2 that it replaced due to being too slow.

The new iPad works well for us and we have a cover for it plus the hdmi adapter to watch Netflix etc on the TV. Go to an Apple shop or similar if you can to try one out, think about what you will use it for.

Associate
The "2017 iPad" (it's actually called that) 32GB 9.7" model is very affordable (relatively speaking) for a full size ipad and it's all any entry level user really needs. It's available in black and white and various backplate colours. We have one and it's a very nice tablet. Very fast, great colours on the screen. Lots of fun. AFAIK currently the iPad mini 4 and 2017 ipad are the same price. Given the increased screen realestate in the full size version it's a no brainer.

Also highly recommended if the kid is drop prone is the griffin survivor line of cases. My friend's son has anger problems and he has whipped his ipad full force against the wall and the road hundreds of times. Still works no cracks no damage, thanks to the griffin survivor.

Soldato
We have the cheapest new iPad which is currently about £339 and has 32gb of storage. We had an old iPad 2 that it replaced due to being too slow.

The new iPad works well for us and we have a cover for it plus the hdmi adapter to watch Netflix etc on the TV. Go to an Apple shop or similar if you can to try one out, think about what you will use it for.

This. There’s no need to go for the iPad Pros as the “basic” iPad covers all bases.

Back
Top Bottom