iPad for typing notes?

Soldato
get a capacitive stylus and write notes like your writing them on paper ?

close to normal note writing but none of the hassle of having mountains of paperwork to lose/damage

Associate
I actually find the iPad keyboard in landscape fantastic to use, and can type quite quick on it too!

If I was still at Uni, I'd have gone for an iPad as a note taking device also using 'Pages' or similar.

Soldato
Would I be chastised for suggesting the Samsung galaxy note?

Edit: the newer 10" netbooks have decent keyboards. (what about the new macbook airs?)

Last edited:

rpn

rpn

Associate
OP

That's a lot of money to spend just to take notes!

How about pen and paper (you know what they are!) cheaper too. :D

Soldato
get a capacitive stylus and write notes like your writing them on paper ?

close to normal note writing but none of the hassle of having mountains of paperwork to lose/damage
I have a stylus couldn't imagine doing that though, would just be better with a pen and paper. You can't 'rest' your hand anywhere because of the touchscreen, big problem I had.

Associate
I have a stylus couldn't imagine doing that though, would just be better with a pen and paper. You can't 'rest' your hand anywhere because of the touchscreen, big problem I had.

Same here, I go to A LOT of training seminars and product launches for work, I have a stylus which is great for sketching ideas out etc... but you just can't write quickly because of the way the nibs are all squishy and rubbery.

I switched to landscape keyboard and it was fine, a lot easier. You can also get apps that have a built in record function so you can record what the lecturer is saying and type notes that go along with it.

Back
Top Bottom