Ipad Pro 11 Battery Drain?

Soldato
Hi, I've got an Ipad Pro 11 which is probably now about 14months old, I bought it from CEX around May/June last year so its still under warranty with them (apple ran out in feb I think) but how good that turns out to be remains to be seen.

Anyway recently (in past month) ive noticed the battery drain to be horrific, it might sit unused for a couple of days and when I go to use it it can almost if not be completely flat, initially I thought there must be some app draining it so this morning I reset it completely to default and setup as new ipad, i've disabled BT and Cellular (being a cellular model). I think that was around midday to 1pm when I took it off charge, i've done absolutely nothing to it, installed no apps or email accounts etc and by 9pm it was down to 93% surely that isnt right?

I'm not sure how accurate battery health is on iphones but its not available on ipads so wondering whats the best way for me to test?

Soldato
Get apple support to diagnostics on it, don’t ask for battery usage as you’ve reset it but the standard hardware diagnostic.
If they allow you to see The result ( they sometimes email the graph) you can post it and I can take a look if you’r not satisfied with the outcome.

It’s important to keep reporting it, battery drain can be caused by many factors even with W perfectly healthy battery and we can’t test for all of them.

get them to test - reset it to factory and setup new again after if it persists - call and get them to test it again ... then use it for a few days and get them to run battery usage and it should show minimal usage but high battery drain.

... assuming nothing obvious flags of course

In regards to battery health in iPhone - it’s a pointless statistic.

It’s just the total percentage of charge the battery can hold.
But remember the more times the battery is cycled, and how old it is, causes this charge to be discharged more quickly. It may technically hold tons of charge but it’s useless if it’s emptied in 50 mins.
you could get a battery on 95% health but charged 1,000 times and it’s gone be useless. A battery on 83% health but 200 cycles will be infinitely better.

RJC

RJC

Don
What does the battery graph show in settings?

This normally shows the graph and what apps can be using the Battery.

Soldato
Somethings not right there. I would ask them where on the graph the battery shows in MRI diagnostics .. if it looks normal then possibly something else wrong, although they are right restoring via iTunes is the next step

Soldato
Is face ID setup? If so is attention aware on? I know it's a long shot, might be worth disabling it to see if you can narrow it down?

Is background app refresh disabled as well? If not, might be worth giving that a go also. I appreciate you have it stock with no apps, but I believe it still does background refresh for app store and such. Apologies if you've done all this already.

Associate
Try a full backup, fully factory restore it as if you was going to sell it then reload your stuff back on

seems to work wonders on my old phones

Soldato
OP
Update, I reset it again at about 3pm yesterday but via itunes and it seems to have done the trick, just checked and it was at 96%, which was a 3% drop from when I last looked at it last night so much happier with that, question is if I had restored from a backup what are the chances of the problem just coming straight back?

Back
Top Bottom