iPad Pro 120hz Adaptive Sync Question ?

Soldato
Hi

Is the adaptive sync subject to only Apple Apps and iOS or do all the apps automatically take advantage ?

Excited to see that the new iPad Pro's are 120hz, and you can really see it on the demo machines on the main screen, but are the apps taking advantage of it? The game demo i tried (cant remember the name), it didn't seem as smooth. Wondering if they need updates to take advantage. Hopefully the new iPhone 8's will also be 120hz. Looks like they will be. Fingers crossed.

i like playing Zen Pinball on my 144hz gsync PC. The ball glides perfectly smooth across the table in 144hz. However if i try and play that game on a 60hz its horrible, and it may of been ok PRIOR to ever playing it on 144hz gsync, but once you've had gsync, its hard to go back. Your eyes really pick up on lower refresh rate and it just no longer feels right. Same deal on the iPad (non pro) icons just no longer glide smoothly across the screen, once you've used a 120hz pro. But if its not being taken advantage of in the apps and most are frame rate locked at 60, then i'm not sure its worth the extra ponies.

Associate
There's instructions in metal II for it and on iOS 11 beta on the iPad Pro block Hexa puzzle updates and runs in 120hz. There's then a "battery saver" option in the game that drops it back down to 60hz.

Back
Top Bottom