iPad Upgrade

Soldato
I’ve had two iPads i.e. iPad 4 and my current iPad mini 4. Now considering whether an upgrade is worth it.
TBH, my pad is used for only basic tasks such as browsing the internet, the odd game, email, Facebook and watching some tv shows.
Been considering the mini 5 as upgrade, but would there be any noticeable difference or is there an alternative?

Thanks

Soldato
Been considering the mini 5 as upgrade, but would there be any noticeable difference or is there an alternative?

Key upgrade is the improved processor, are you finding the Mini 4 is struggling a bit now?

What's the storage on your Mini 4? If you have the base 16GB version then the Mini 5 might be a good option as it starts at 64GB.

Soldato
Mini 4 is using the A8 from the iPhone 6.
It’s only still relatively supported due to having 2gb Ram.

I can’t imagine it would be up to much outside of the basic tasks but if that’s your usage I wouldn’t bother just yet.

Soldato
OP
Key upgrade is the improved processor, are you finding the Mini 4 is struggling a bit now?

What's the storage on your Mini 4? If you have the base 16GB version then the Mini 5 might be a good option as it starts at 64GB.

No, it’s fine for what I use it for at the moment and it has 64gb of storage.

Soldato
Sounds like it's not really worth you upgrading immediately, if it's running fine then stick with it for now but keep an eye for a sale or official Apple refurb as the Mini 5 will get iOS updates for a number of years where your Mini 4 won't.

Associate
I've got an iPad Air 2 that I'm considering upgrading. It's ok-ish for web browsing but anything else now it struggles with. I do a lot of photography and it'd be nice to be able to use Lightroom on the iPad with a decent level of speed. Just not sure I can quite justify it though.

Back
Top Bottom