iPhone 6 battery replacement - how difficult?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Apple is no better than Samsung and look what happened to the Note 7 battery. Checking out feedback and not paying the absolute lowest price you can find is no guarantee but it goes a long way. I have yet to buy an exploding or dud battery via ebay trusted sellers.

Manufacturer defects can happen to anybody, agreed. The difference with an official battery is that the seller of the official battery has one intention (apart from making money): to make sure they continue to have a happy customer. That cannot be said for the non-genuine battery makers, who are nameless and reputation-less.

Feedback on an ebay seller is meaningless. You have, what, a week, to provide the feedback? The lifetime of a good battery should be three years. Good ebay feedback simply means the battery arrived on time, well packaged.

I guess this is one of those situations where there are just differing opinions. I always take my car to the dealer, and I get it serviced every year. I figure that my life is in my car's hands, so I want to make it as safe as possible. More or less the same principle applies to battery phones, which you keep on your person at all times. If you're happy that your £15 battery is safe, then fair play to you.

Soldato
I guess this is one of those situations where there are just differing opinions. I always take my car to the dealer, and I get it serviced every year. I figure that my life is in my car's hands, so I want to make it as safe as possible. More or less the same principle applies to battery phones, which you keep on your person at all times. If you're happy that your £15 battery is safe, then fair play to you.
How much does the actual battery cost Apple? Im betting its not so different, chances are these guys churning out millions of batteries supply more than just the regular aftersales parts market.
Same for the car industry, they buy their parts in via tier suppliers and dont necessarily come in contact with the actual maker of the item. Truth be told, you really don't know who makes your steering pumps, brake discs etc but rely on the dealer to fit them because they come boxed as BMW/Ford etc. If you are happy to go to a dealership to fit the same parts that a regular garage would fit for half the money then fair enough, I wouldn't.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Any reputable manufacturer (Apple, VW) will have extremely close relationships with every single one of their suppliers. After all, the quality control of the supplier has a direct impact on the quality of the end product. You'd better believe that VW knows *exactly* who is making their steering pumps, to what standards, and with what quality controls.

Soldato
Any reputable manufacturer (Apple, VW) will have extremely close relationships with every single one of their suppliers. After all, the quality control of the supplier has a direct impact on the quality of the end product. You'd better believe that VW knows *exactly* who is making their steering pumps, to what standards, and with what quality controls.
And yet there are still hundred of recalls each year across the board. Im not going to get into an argument but my jist is that no one is perfect, errors and poor manufacture can still contribute to even the best branded kit. Any company that churns millions of units cant be doing it that badly, any company not churning out millions of them wouldn't be in business in the first place.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

£21!? Wow that's a lot cheaper than I imagined for some reason. I'm guessing iFixit uses high quality batteries, so you should have a good little solution there. Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom