iPhone 6 screen repair

Man of Honour
I have an iPhone 6 Plus with a knackered screen. When I say knackered, it’s conpletely detached from the phone and the chassis itself is bent slightly at the top, like banana bend.

Is there a postal repair centre? Wanting to recoup as much money for the device as possible.

Man of Honour
OP
Sadly it doesn't, the body and screen are in two parts. Amazingly the phone itself still works, it rings, has notifications etc. :D

Associate
You could try taking it direct to an Apple centre and paying the screen replacement fee. If they stuff it up/can't replace the screen, they replace the entire device instead.

If you could bend the phone back to kind of get it back into one piece, they may accept it...

More expensive though - That said they're replacing the entire LCD, not just the glass bit like that guy.

Man of Honour
OP
You could try taking it direct to an Apple centre and paying the screen replacement fee. If they stuff it up/can't replace the screen, they replace the entire device instead.

If you could bend the phone back to kind of get it back into one piece, they may accept it...

More expensive though - That said they're replacing the entire LCD, not just the glass bit like that guy.
It's the lasses phone, already went in and they said they need to replace the entire device due to the bend, so I bought an iPhone 7 plus for her since I was the one who broke it.

I guess I could try again but it's a 30 odd minute drive away and I'm not sure I could bend it back without causing further damage. Just wanted to get it fixed as best as I can and sell it to mazuma or CEX etc.

Associate
Yeah, needs to be in one piece. Take it slowly and the bend should unbend. How much do you want for it as-is? My missus could do with one as her current Windows Phone is out of support and the FaceBook app is giving her the heeby jeebies.

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, needs to be in one piece. Take it slowly and the bend should unbend. How much do you want for it as-is? My missus could do with one as her current Windows Phone is out of support and the FaceBook app is giving her the heeby jeebies.

I honestly have no idea. It seems I can get £40 or so for it via the various online phone buying services, although some suggest as much as £145. I guess somewhere between the two? It's fully unlocked and has been reset so is ready to use.

You could just buy a replacement screen and fit it (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replaceme...922612&hash=item4d57062515:g:cmEAAOSwM5RZkSYg) You'd just need to unbend the phone for it to fit nicely.

EDIT: Although you'll need to take the front facing camera, earpiece, proximity sensor housing/bits off, and the touchID button/extension cable that comes with it and transfer it to the new screen.

Stuff I don't really have the patience to deal with sadly, but thanks.

Soldato
Stuff I don't really have the patience to deal with sadly, but thanks.

No probs, thought I'd let you know. I've done it before for a friends iPhone 6. It did take me 2 days (only had time between getting home from work then going to sleep).

If you do decide to get rid of it, I'd be interested :D
Looking for a phone for my Dad ATM.

Back
Top Bottom