• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters

Soldato
Had mine since Monday (6). Very happy with it over my 5s that and a switch to EE from Vodafone has gave me a huge increase in available 3G out and about . For example today I've been Edinburgh and Glasgow which I had solid 4g in both and a solid 3G signal all the way down over the border to egremont very happy with both phone and provider

Soldato
got my first iPhone in the last week (6 128GB black) and really like it.

Was with Phones 4 U on a Sony Z (before I got a Z tablet which I still use a lot daily) and the Vodafone contract wasn't due to run out until March /April time, but Vodafone were wanting to upgrade me already so with a 30% discount on the line rental im paying the same line charge as before and without asking Vodafone have credited my account with £60~ without asking (although they have invoiced me for £109, when it should have been £69 ) Im massively better off either way (even before selling the Z for around £60) , but could end up with an actual free iPhone 6 128Gb plus £60 in my pocket.

Im well chuffed

How reliable is touch ID for you guys.

When I first got the phone it worked every time without fail now it only works about 50% of the time. Sometimes the home button feels a bit loose (it wobbles when I rest my thumb on it), I'm wondering it may be faulty?

I cant get touch ID to work reliably at all - even after a week.

Ive even tried re-setting it and trying again , best I can get is after the 3rd attempt but all too frequently I have ot type in the unlock PIN

Last edited:
Soldato
So what phone do you have now, and why swap so quickly?

Back to my Nexus 5, love the hardware, but iOS on a phone is still a bit too limiting for me sadly. Its a great piece of kit but Android on a phone is just a lot faster for my personally own workflow. So I got an iPad Air 2 so I can still enjoy iOS and have my Android phone :D.

One thing I was really hoping for was TouchID user accounts, but I'm sure apple wants everyone wanting their own iPad for example instead of sharing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I found the mother of all apple stock update sites. Just found a store close by with phones in stock!

I'm seriously stunned and even called the store to confirm the website is accurate. Especially great news considering my carrier has kept me waiting over 4 weeks so I'll be canceling that now.

http://www.istocknow.com/live/

You're welcome :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered the gold 64gb from giffgaff, they had all 3 colours available in the 64gb over the last few days but this morning(well yesterday morning as it's well past midnight) they were all oos again but 1 gold came available.
I wanted a white one to match my iPad Air but wasn't sure on gold or silver, with all going oos then the gold one coming back I decided to get it tho I was starting to lean towards the silver.
Got it from giffgaff as I can't really afford to buy out right so went with their 24 month handset plan, it's like £60 more over the 24 months but it's still £20-£30 cheaper than the equivalent apple finance plan.
Anyone on here that's bought from giffgaff(I remember reading one guy say he bought from them tho no idea if it was on the monthly or outright) how easy are they to deal with and what happens in terms of the monthly payments, when do you need to cancel the goodybag to avoid them charging for the following month(I'm new to them so had to include a goodybag) etc?

Associate
Never thought I would use the finger print scanner but omg I love it!!

This - I must confess to having become quite fascinated, nay obsessed with TouchID and have enabled it for all apps that support it, in my case Dropbox, 1Password and the stock App Store app.

Got used to the size after a few weeks and any smaller phones feel ridiculous now.

I had my concerns about the size of the 6, but after less than 24 hours it just felt completely natural - if I pick up my 5 now, it feels like picking up a matchbox by comparison ... can't believe I once used something so small

Soldato
I have ordered mine from giffgaff and have bought it outright. I went for the iphone 6 64gb in grey (to have a change from white/silver). It should be here by Monday :D .

When did you order it? They had stock Thursday night but when I checked Friday afternoon all colours of the 64gb were out of stock, 1 gold came into stock last night when I ordered.
I would have bought out right but due to other expenses I can't justify/afford to, I don't tend to change every year so the 24 month plan isn't going to be too big an issue. Just hope the inevitable iPhone 6s isn't a revolutionly improvement over the 6, but being apple that's unlikely and will be minor update/feature included which has been available for years on android.

Associate
64Gb 6-Plus from Apple direct has finally been shipped. Ordered 5th October so a long wait but should be with me next week. I've had my case sitting on my desk for 2 weeks now with nothing to fit to.

Soldato
Checked my sim-card out and it seemed quite loose, so i've fixed it back into place and my phone no longer has the problems. Here's hoping it stays fixed so I can cancel my 'genius' appointment. :)

Soldato
Ordered 64GB Silver 6-Plus from EE Today, Delivery expected on Monday!

Nice package aswell, wasnt even aware they existed but unlimited text minutes and 20gb double speed, but the important part for me is being able to use my texts and minutes abroad : o!

Back
Top Bottom