• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Not really worth it, not a huge amount to gain right now is there. Rather just wait for things to be polished. iPhone 6 is the only iPhone I've owned for a long time and its less then stable at times.

Soldato
So.......first experience of Apple support today. I took my Iphone 6 in as it had developed the alignment issue with the facetime camera. They replaced the screen and I duly popped back to pick it up. I signed for it (stupidly) and then noticed a small scratch which wasn't present pre-repair. Fast forward to an embarrassed Robert (for pulling them up on something so small) I now have a brand new replacement! Pretty decent service IMO. No quibbles either.

Soldato
Its just generally bugs here and there, apps crash a few times a day, Safari is always doing that thing where it errors and reloads the page. It is a lot a bit laggy at times, some of the keyboard lag I used to get way back on Android, its not often maybe once a day. A lot of these things don't happen on my Air2 thou, so it leads me to believe its just having a bit of issue managing the ram at times.

Soldato
Has anyone experienced the issue where the screen just goes black when you activate the camera from the lock screen?

A soft reset fixes it but then it happens again within a few hours.

Soldato
Well, had my 6+ for 2 days, and it's going back. Just way too big for me unfortunately(though my bank account will be healthier) Not prepared to use it without a case as it is absolutely guaranteed to be dropped and broken at some point.

Now looking for an iPhone 5S or a 5 to replace my ****ed iPhone 5 lol. £20 a month sim only seems much better than £53 :O

Soldato
Well, had my 6+ for 2 days, and it's going back. Just way too big for me unfortunately(though my bank account will be healthier) Not prepared to use it without a case as it is absolutely guaranteed to be dropped and broken at some point.

Now looking for an iPhone 5S or a 5 to replace my ****ed iPhone 5 lol. £20 a month sim only seems much better than £53 :O

Why not go for the 6?

Soldato
...so it leads me to believe its just having a bit of issue managing the ram at times.

That's absolutely what I think too. I used to get what you've described and originally suspected the jailbrake since it introduces unsigned apps, security holes, apps with memory leaks, etc. but now I don't think it was that at all.

I've found that if you don't just install a boat load of apps then it runs far better! I don't mean delete your favourite games but just don't save the 'I might play it some day' junk that you can remove.

Yes it's a case of "but I shouldn't have to" but this works a treat everytime.

Soldato
Oh trust me, I've made many changes to the auto lock settings. It doesn't happen all the time, just the odd few occasions I'll look over at my phone on the table and the screen hasn't locked so o leave it and 5 minutes later it's still on. I'll go into auto lock settings and check its 1 minute. Very odd because it doesnt happen all the time but I had the same issue on my previous iPhone 6 too

Soldato
So it's upgrade time and I've got to decide between the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6.

The only thing that makes me lean towards the Galaxy S6 is the performance / screen.

How does the iPhone 6 perform day-to-day and is the ppi that noticeable on the iPhone 6?

Back
Top Bottom