• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Never did like the look of the back of the 5/5s, the mix of metal and glass always seemed awkward after the clean lines of the 4/4S. Will reserve judgement on the seams for now, Apple tend to have good taste so my guess is either these are just bad photos or they haven't quite guessed the seams properly.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think this will be a time where I wait to see the new sizes in the flesh before buying.

That said, I will probably get the larger model and dump my iPad mini :o

Soldato
Am I the only one that isn't too fond of the curved look of the new iPhone? We haven't had a curved phone since the 3G/S and I'm not sure I particularly want to go back!

Soldato
Am I the only one that isn't too fond of the curved look of the new iPhone? We haven't had a curved phone since the 3G/S and I'm not sure I particularly want to go back!

Might not look the best, but in the hand it feels so much better, the square build of the 5/5s would be a real problem at 4.7", sharp edges are not pleasant.

Soldato
The 3G/S had a fully curved back. The 6 looks like a flat back with curved edges. I'd be happy with that!

Might not look the best, but in the hand it feels so much better, the square build of the 5/5s would be a real problem at 4.7", sharp edges are not pleasant.

The more I think about it, I think you are right. My biggest concern with any new iPhone is the build quality. Despite somehow managing to have 6 iPhone 5 handsets, the build quality has always been very good. It would be a shame for it to go down.

Caporegime
I'll be switching back when my contract expires around Christmas time so I'm really looking forward to some more info. Battery life isn't a massive issue for me as I usually have a socket nearby and there are always cigarette chargers for sat nav purposes. Not particularly bothered about an upgrade to the camera, what I'd really like is something that actually feels like a premium product.

For me the iPhone felt premium, the 3G and the 4 felt premium, the 5 felt like it was one of those Chinese knock offs even though it was still obviously a very good phone it just didn't feel very special in the hand.

Having been using an Android handset for the past 18 months one thing I really miss is the keyboard and the spelling/grammar check in iOS. Using my iPad is actually a joy, using my N5 to type emails or even slightly lengthy texts is just tiring. The suggestions or autocorrects often make zero grammatical sense, it never tends to capitalise names when I can't be bothered to hit the shift key for the first letter, and sensitivity just feels a whole lot worse than what I'm used to on an iOS device. I know you can download different dictionaries and keyboards but really something like that should just be ready to use out of the box.

Soldato
Anyone think they will shift to 32/64/128 memories this time? I have a feeling in my water about it.

I think they can, but won't for profit margin reasons, in theory it means losing £80~, and given that they already increasing the screen size meaning they just can't reason the 5/5s/5c display I think they will really keep as much as they can the same to ensure their still getting high profit margins.

I think with the 6S we will see a shift.

Permabanned
OP
Why would they lose though?

It only costs a couple of pounds to Apple between 16Gb to 32Gb to 64Gb etc. They can still charge the extortionate amount between 32/64/128 sizes, maybe even more.

Actually, a base 32Gb would mean more money from iCloud backups.

Associate
How has it gone in the past with new launches? Does the previous model come down considerably in cost?

Currently on an S3 and thinking about either just going for a cheap 5S contract or maybe something different.

Soldato
Not usually that much relative to the cost of the phone. Maybe £100.

This year will be different though as they're throwing a new screen size into the mix and now the 5C exists (essentially the old 5, with a plastic cover instead) .

It used to be that the new model came out, then the top end model from the previous year had a bit of a price drop and became the budget option, but now that there's a 'budget' iPhone already out there in the form of a 5C I'm not sure what they'll do.

Will they keep the 5C in the lineup and drop its price even further (currently £429, although initial launch price was £469), keep the 5S and drop it's price down from £549 to closer the 5Cs current price? Then have the new 6 at £549?

It would be a big step if Apple dropped the price of a new sim free phone to below £400, but if they did it would they pick up market share from the more budget conscious consumer?

I think they'll have a tough time charging any more than £549 for the entry level 6.

It could be the first time they have 3 new phones available to buy instead of 2.

5C at £379 (or maybe £399 if they up the base memory)
5S at £469
6 at £549

They could drop the 5C all together, but I doubt it ,what with all their push on continuity and encouragement of the Apple ecosystem it would kind of make sense for them to have a sub £400 entry level phone to get new customers.

Back
Top Bottom