Iphone 6s water damaged

Soldato
I just replaced the screen and glass on my iPhone 7.

I got the display, glass and all the top area all in one for £35 including delivery so all I had to move over was the home button.

Took longer than expected but took my time and got there in the end, would have cost 150 through apple direct with no apple care

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I just replaced the screen and glass on my iPhone 7.

I got the display, glass and all the top area all in one for £35 including delivery so all I had to move over was the home button.

Took longer than expected but took my time and got there in the end, would have cost 259 through apple direct with no apple care
Nice one, where did you order from?

Soldato
Nice one, where did you order from?

I’m on my phone at the moment but I will update my post once I’m at my pc.

Word of warning, I had to buy another y000 screwdriver as the one in their toolkit would not grip the screws properly (the ones to remove the home button) so I got another one off amazon that worked fine for a fiver so total repair was £40 and about 2 hours of my time as I took my time and made sure I knew where all the screws went as they use different sizes on the iPhone 7. Also followed the I fix it website to guide me through the repair.

Maybe different on the 6, just noticed it was 150 from apple not 259.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Order a new screen pull the battery first then swap all the bits over. Will be fine.

Copied parts are fine now even the colours and whiteness look good.

Associate
It's worth pointing out here that there is no guarantee that swapping the screen will fix it.

It's just as likely that the logic board and/or the connectors are damaged in which case it's game over unless you are good at micro soldering.

Back
Top Bottom