iPhone + Gmail push / Hotmail

Soldato
So i'm currently using gmail via the iphones mail app, setup as a gmail a/c (i no push?). I understand I can set it up as an exchange a/c and so via google sync push should work? However... doing this seems to make loading emails incredibly slow and occasionally emails reappear even when I thought I had deleted them?! :confused:

So, how do you get push working correctly for gmail?

Also, I'm accessing my hotmail using "mbox mail"..... is there any way to do this via the mail app now?

And finally, is there anyway to access hotmail via mail on my macbook also?

Thanks!

Associate
So i'm currently using gmail via the iphones mail app, setup as a gmail a/c (i no push?). I understand I can set it up as an exchange a/c and so via google sync push should work? However... doing this seems to make loading emails incredibly slow and occasionally emails reappear even when I thought I had deleted them?! :confused:

So, how do you get push working correctly for gmail?

Also, I'm accessing my hotmail using "mbox mail"..... is there any way to do this via the mail app now?

And finally, is there anyway to access hotmail via mail on my macbook also?

Thanks!

Push for Hotmail should be coming out later this month.

It will use the Exchange ActiveSync protocol to sync Mail, Contacts and Calendars. Google Sync also uses the ActiveSync protocol so you will need iOS4 to have both going at the same time. :)

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, that explains why mbox mail seems to be the preferred option. Bit annoying as would like it all within the same app!

Hmmm, so if hotmail is only pop3... how comes Windows Live Mail works like one would expect IMAP to? i.e. it mirrors what's actually on hotmail?

Back
Top Bottom