iphone not showing in My Computer, but is in iTunes

Associate
I've got an i7 2600k running W7. I had a problem and deleted the iPhone in Device Manager and for awhile a different device was installed and working. But that's reverted back to the broken one again.

Soldato
Well mines a first gen I5, so quite old now and It's been years since I used Itunes but my motherboard did just the same as yours. It was a common problem at the time and the fix was to go into the bios and disable (or enable? the oppisite of whatever default is) c-state This was something to do with the CPU shutting down cores when not under load. Makes no sense I know, but that was the fix.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2088612?start=45&tstart=0

https://www.experts-exchange.com/qu...es-USB-problem-with-Windows-7-0xE8000065.html

Last edited:
Associate
I had a similar issue. Updating to the latest version of iTunes usually fixes this for me but I'm not sure if you're in the same situation. Worth a shot if you haven't updated your iTunes in a while.

EDIT:

I'm using an iPhone 6S

My PC Spec here:

|| Intel 4670K @ 4GHz || Corsair H80i || 2x MSI NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB (2 way SLI) || MSI Z87-G45 ||
|| TeamGroup Elite Black 16GB (CAS 11-11-11-28 Timings) || Samsung 840 (250GB) SSD ||
|| Samsung 850 Evo (500GB) SSD || Seagate Barracuda 2TB (7200 RPM) ||
|| SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W || BitFenix Shinobi (German Edition) ||

|| 2x Asus VN247H || TT eSports Theron (Black) || Qpad Mk-80 (Blue Switches) ||
|| 2013 Astro MixAmp Pro || 2013 Astro A40 ||

^ Don't think it's anything hardware related. Every time I've had this issue, updating iTunes had always fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I seem to recall there being a checkbox you need to tick in iTunes on the summary page when you have your iPhone connected to allow it to be visible in Computer to drag and drop

Soldato
OP
Got it going again, and not even sure what i did. I think removed it from Device Manager. Everything is on the latest.. Win10 latest updates, iPhone 7, 10.1.1, iTunes, whatever that latest ver is... Yes i do have an i5, i think its a skylake, but its been over a yr Oct15, and can't remember for sure if its a skylake.. i tend to forget the 'exact' specs after a few months of upgrading my PC's. Only get back into what's what when its time to upgrade.

Eitherway hardware (mobo, CPU & GPU) is all new as from Oct15. And weird thing is its fine in iTunes, just seems to sometimes want to show in My Computer, and sometimes it doesn't.

Associate
I got all excited yesterday as I installed the latest IOS update. Dropbox import worked and the iPhone appeared in Windows Explorer. However today it's returned to stealth mode and I can't see it :(

Associate
It's not something silly like it's not unlocked when you plug it in is it?
Do you know you might have hit the nail on the head, just unlocked the phone and plugged it in and the Dropbox picture import ran AND I have the iPhone device. Genius - thanks.

Associate
I have a similar issue but in reverse... My Iphone (4S) shows up in File Explorer but isn't being detected by Itunes. :( All I want to do is put music on it so I can use it as an Ipod!

Back
Top Bottom