Iphone6 issues since new update

Associate
Evening guys,

So glad there was an apple section here as usually best place to ask for issues :)

Iphone 6 16GB model gen1.

Had the iphone almost 4 years i use to upgrade every year but i stopped with this model.

After very limited space on my iphone ive not been able to update to the latest ios on my device after almost 2years gave in cleared some space and updated.

From the moment my device updated successfully ive been have screen issues with my phone.

*Unresponsive
*lag
*doing what it wants basically

Its been 2-3 weeks finally gave in and went to the apple store to which they told me its my battery at fault and needs replacing (25quid) she also stated "it was pure coincidence" that the battery died at the same time with the update.

I decided what the heck its only 25 quid, it seem ok at first or its slightly improved but very little.

I did her about apple deliberately slowing down older models to force upgrades and replacements.

Wondered if anybody has any feedback or similar issues and where i stand with it all?

any help or direction would be lovely

Soldato
It's nothing to do with Apple making older phones slower to force you to upgrade, lets dismiss that right here and now.

It is the battery, as batteries age they unable to deliver the power the phone needs to spool up the CPU (especially after 4 years). Once its replaced then it goes back to normal on the latest iOS.

If you are on the version before then the phone may still be throttled back due to the way Apple implemented the power management 'feature' but it should have returned to normal.

I would update it to the latest version on a fresh install via restore on iTunes, that tends to resolve most software problems.

You also need to take into account that the phone will also not be performing as a new iPhone 6 from 4 years ago because what you are asking of it will have changed. Websites, apps etc. all become more resource intensive over time and make the phone appear 'slow'. The phone isn't any 'slower', it just can't keep up with what you are asking of it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom