IphoneSE vs 6S vs S7 Edge.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Hi Peeps

Forgive me but im a bit of Android fan boy, but sadly work are adopting apple devices in a big way, so im going to have to give up my S7 Edge (personal device with work sim) and its going to be replaced with a Iphone SE. I have just ventured into the apple world with a Ipad Pro, and to be fair I do hate it, just not as much I thought I would (why the F cant I connect a USB device to it :( )

In the ideal world, Id carry 2 phones and have no issue, but I dont really want to carry 2 devices. The SE seems tiny compared to what ive been used to over the years, but I believe the hardware isnt too bad. But im thinking the size will be an issue, so im potentially thinking of going for a Iphone 6S, as I should still be able to get decent money for the S7 Edge and that would fund the 6S.

Work are happy for us to use the company phones for private use, hence why im wanting to get a 6s at least its a bit bigger and looks a bit more modern. My question essentially is that, is the 6S a ok upgrade from the SE? day to day, am I likely to see that much of a difference from the S7E, or am I not giving the SE fair crack and should I just give it a go and stop being so precious :p

Soldato
In my opinion, if you get the SE I imagine you'll last all of 30 seconds before you hate the downgrade in screen size. I couoldn't go to a 4" screen now from a 4.5 or 4.7" screen, let alone a 5.5" screen. So 6S for sure. Can't you get the 6S plus or 7 plus?

Soldato
I love my SE, even after using bigger screened Android devices. My partners iPhone 6 feels all kinds of wrong.

The hardware inside is the same as the 6S except for the fingerprint scanner (first gen instead of second).

I guess the difference is that my phone isn't the only device I use, so the small screen doesn't matter too much.

Soldato
OP
I can't remember the last time I needed to connect a USB device to my phone or tablet. I sync all my files in OneDrive. Also it's one less attack vector.

Theres many reasons why you want at least the option, you Dont always have a decent connection, sometimes on a plane or train when you want to watch a movie, its helpfull just to whack in a usb stick. But I suppose Apple know best!

Man of Honour
I sync everything I need via Plex before I travel, no different to loading them onto USB. There's plenty of ways to get movies on it. I understand it can be frustrating for some people though. Personally I'd never switch back to Android, it's just no where near as polished or nice to use as iOS IMO.

Soldato
OP
I sync everything I need via Plex before I travel, no different to loading them onto USB. There's plenty of ways to get movies on it. I understand it can be frustrating for some people though. Personally I'd never switch back to Android, it's just no where near as polished or nice to use as iOS IMO.

To be fair i have no problem using either, the simplicity of IOS will take some getting used.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Theres many reasons why you want at least the option, you Dont always have a decent connection, sometimes on a plane or train when you want to watch a movie, its helpfull just to whack in a usb stick. But I suppose Apple know best!
There are USB sticks with wifi so you just stream from them.

Soldato
OP
So i have actually spent a day with the SE so far, and screen aside; ie not amoled, i havent really found any thing to complain about. I will say IOS does have the edge in a lot of the apps that ive tried so far, im going to get rid of the s7e anyway and hold the cash till sept and hopelly bag a 6S or 7 if they come down in price on the used market.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I recently downgraded from a 7 plus to an SE. The SE is a great phone, much prefer the smaller phone. It's not as good at media consumption/photos but everything else it's on par.

Soldato

First time iv ever heard someone wanting to plug some sort of USB device in to their phone - weird, lol.

Unless your a developer I guess, who might want USB access for root coding.

Soldato
First time iv ever heard someone wanting to plug some sort of USB device in to their phone - weird, lol.

Unless your a developer I guess, who might want USB access for root coding.

And as you'd already have to have loaded up the USB drive with content, you may as well have simply loaded it straight onto the phone. It sounds more like a case of deliberately creating a problem for oneself.

Soldato
OP
And as you'd already have to have loaded up the USB drive with content, you may as well have simply loaded it straight onto the phone. It sounds more like a case of deliberately creating a problem for oneself.

Fair point, but sometimes im away for a few days so its nice to have some movies and tv on a drive,its not an issue with other decvices as you have a slot of a SD card, and they are cheap, the price difference between a large capacity ipad and a lesser one is significantly more than the cost of 128gb micro SD! Like i say, its more of an issue with the Ipad than the iphone, but even the SE, which is 32gb, is getting filled up pretty quick, and thats just with Apps and music

Soldato
Fair point, but sometimes im away for a few days so its nice to have some movies and tv on a drive,its not an issue with other decvices as you have a slot of a SD card, and they are cheap, the price difference between a large capacity ipad and a lesser one is significantly more than the cost of 128gb micro SD! Like i say, its more of an issue with the Ipad than the iphone, but even the SE, which is 32gb, is getting filled up pretty quick, and thats just with Apps and music

Your choice whether you pay the money for the extra storage or not but the option is there for you if you choose.

Back
Top Bottom