Ipod hard drive unlocking

Permabanned
hey all,
ive got a hitachi 4gb microdrive out of a broken ipod and i was wondering is there anyway of unlocking the drive, when i put it in my card reader it detects that a card has benn inserted but wont let me into it

Man of Honour
Soldato
I read the first half of your post and I thought you wanted something like this (pic becasue it's on a competitor's site)
ipid3ax.png

However, after reading the second half I haven't a clue what you mean. What's a card reader have to do with the iPod hard drive?

Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
However, after reading the second half I haven't a clue what you mean. What's a card reader have to do with the iPod hard drive?
The 4GB Microdrive would have been out of an iPod Mini. Normally, the drive will be usable as a Compact Flash card, but ever since people discovered that you can either buy the Microdrive on their own, or extract the drive out of MP3 players for half the price, the manufacturers did some modifications to prevent this scavenging.

Soldato
bbreezeuk said:
so....... anyone have any ideas on how to get them to work
Yeh, it's got its CF mode disabled (I dunno if you can unlock it) but you can still use it in ATA mode.

Edit. Apparently it's disabled through firmware, so you could flash it to work with CF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom