iPod touch issues....

Associate
Evening/Morning all!

My sister has an ipod touch and uses a mac..

Her macbook pro failed a couple of weeks ago and she's just got it back...

Obviously all her music has been lost - but she's asked me if I can copy them back to her computer!

Now... with the old school ipods there's loads of software for both mac and windows but I believe the ipod touch and the iphone use a different file structure!?

So... basically are there any free pieces of software out there that could help?

I've seen yamipod and stuff like that - but the free trials are limited, and understandably so... So - I'm asking if anybody has used any free alternatives..

Effectively I want to duplicate all her music and then resync with her new machine..

Any help would be great!

Tom

Soldato
If you have access to a PC (Windows) then Winamp with the mlipod.dll plugin (not the included ipod plugin - Just google for mlipod) can access ALL ipods including the iPhone and iTouch...

Just use the 'Backup' feature or Copy the music back to Winamp manually.. works a treat!!...

dunno about a Mac equivelent!.

Associate
OP
EDIT// and shameless bump

Couldn't get winamp working properly so opted for Xlisoft Ipod to Pc ripper thingy.... really good and a simple interface... Cost £13.50 but I can see it being a useful tool to add to my collection!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom