Iran captures British Sailors

Associate
This whole thing has nothing to do with the 15 personnel taken hostage as such, i think it is just part of a more elaborate plan.

It is IMHO all to do with Iran trying to flex it's military and Political muscle in the middle east, in an attempt to quash any support the west has and to turn the whole Middle East against the west. At the same time trying desperately to become the regions "Super Power", and dictator.

Permabanned
OP
Visage said:
Luckily your opinion is irrelevant.
ROFL.
Coming from Mr free speech with this sychophantic signature that seems to be the exact opposite of the things that you say :

Bwahahahahahaha

Suspended
Millwall.FC said:
Can you prove this theory?
No, certainly not. I am not aware the the USA have ever admitted to it.

However, you might like to have a google - e.g. for "american detainees guantanamo bounty pakistan afghanistan iraq" -or- something along those lines.

An Associated Press report asserted that some of the detainees were turned over to the United States by Afghan tribesmen in return for cash rewards. Detainees testified during military tribunals that bounties ranged from $3,000 to $25,000. The allegations were in transcripts the U.S. government released in compliance with a Freedom of Information lawsuit filed by AP.

The first Denbeaux study reproduces copies of several of leaflets, flyers and posters the US Government distributed to advertise the bounty program. Some of the posters were in comic form, to reach the bulk of the Afghan population, who are illiterate. Wikipedia Link

Permabanned
OP
miracleboy said:
This thread is turning into a Guantanamo Bay discussion, shouldn't you guys start a new one if you wish to discuss that - this is supposed to be about the Iran situation.

I'm getting confused. :p
It is the tactic always adopted by some of the muslims on the forum.
It works like this:
Muslim is bang out of order.
Muslim posters rally to their side and claim it is not as bad as what other people have done and try to redirect discussion.
Then people accuse muslim posters of defending any action any muslim does.
Then muslim posters claim that it is baseless that they are accused of that.
THey are asked to demonstrate one instance where they have criticised fellow muslims and it goes quiet OR back to step 2.

Permabanned
OP
zain said:
Which bit?

If you refer to the prisoners check the news, if you are referring to the Islamic way of looking after prisoners read some history, I forget the name of the lady who was captured in Afghanistan if you know the name read up about her and when she was captured.
Mmmm mock executions, very humane :rolleyes:
Forced to write letters, forced to wear a headscarf, forced to lie, paraded on TV. Yeah you muslims REALLY know how to treat people right :rolleyes:

Permabanned
OP
zain said:
I just heard that on the news, something along the lines of "The UN are going to release a statement apparently proving that the Troops were trespassing" or something like that.

Hence I said apparently ^_^
Which news source was that then? BBC seem to be offering a very different story.

Permabanned
OP
rare said:
Nice question. Someone disagrees with your point of view so this makes him a terroist.
Giuven his earlier comments about people who watch sky news or drive vans or vote in a given fashion it seems he had it coming.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
It is the tactic always adopted by some of the muslims on the forum.
It works like this:
Muslim is bang out of order.
Muslim posters rally to their side and claim it is not as bad as what other people have done and try to redirect discussion.
Then people accuse muslim posters of defending any action any muslim does.
Then muslim posters claim that it is baseless that they are accused of that.
THey are asked to demonstrate one instance where they have criticised fellow muslims and it goes quiet OR back to step 2.

agreed ,

Raz

Raz

Soldato
porkrind said:
not really if you take the time to read all his posts , which I guess you haven't

Thanks, I've been reading his posts for a number of years. He has ideals for a better world, where Justice actually means Justice, and is not something to be abused by those who have power. He at least believes and hopes for a better world, unlike many posters here who are simply short sighted and can only see hypocrisy by others.

In related news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6508909.stm

"UN voices 'concern' on UK sailors"

I wonder what they're thinking? No matter the propaganda against them, Iran do try keep a clean image. This just seems really stupid - at least a 3rd party should have access to them.

doh! just saw that it's already been linked :o

Soldato
VIRII said:
Which news source was that then? BBC seem to be offering a very different story.

Kerrang or Galaxy Radio.

VIRII said:
Mmmm mock executions, very humane :rolleyes:
Forced to write letters, forced to wear a headscarf, forced to lie, paraded on TV. Yeah you muslims REALLY know how to treat people right :rolleyes:

No; cloth and feed the prisoner and treat them well. Examples I previously showed include Yvonne Ridley (thanks to the poster) and the current prisoners. Compare this with Guantanamo Bay, I am sure there are somethings that could be learnt.

Suspended
Iraklis F.C. said:
lets assume one of them gets hurt , or even executed.

shall i run then to my private nuclear bunker? :p
Good idea, yes, do that.

Close and lock the hatch and I promise to tell you when it is safe to come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom