‘Iron Beam’ anti-drone laser

Soldato
Surely it's only as effective as its radar and I think most drones would be stealthy.

This isn't really a backyard solution to your neighbours drone :D.

I'm ignorant really of military tech but I would expect missiles to be capable of targeting a target further than the range of this thing.

Caporegime
This is about proper drones, that carry missiles and are flown by airforce pilots. Not "drones", the annoyingly dramatic name given to hobby multirotors by the media due to a tiny minority being plonkers.

Caporegime
Associate
OP
This is about proper drones, that carry missiles and are flown by airforce pilots. Not "drones", the annoyingly dramatic name given to hobby multirotors by the media due to a tiny minority being plonkers.

All true, just pointing out that times are changing and with that the abuse coming from the other types of smaller "drones" and actions that are coming up as a possible defense for such devices. obviously technology will adapt to the various potential problems and come up with possible solutions, so this is just one of many advances taking place to deal with these threats.

Caporegime
To be honest these lasers need to have some sort of colouring and be able to be carried by said drones. If they add a sound that goes "pew!" every time it's fired, that'd be great.

I'd build a quadcopter to carry one :D

WuSiCgk.jpg

Man of Honour
Surely it's only as effective as its radar and I think most drones would be stealthy.

This isn't really a backyard solution to your neighbours drone :D.

I'm ignorant really of military tech but I would expect missiles to be capable of targeting a target further than the range of this thing.

Most quads would be ridiculously easy to triangulate on sound alone heh.

Man of Honour

But more expensive, more maintance, limited ammo, massive over kill etc.
These things are needed to protect things like nuclear power stations, world cups, head of states and the like. Only a matter of time, before someone mounts a bomb on one.

Back
Top Bottom