Irrational dreams ?

Soldato
Last night i was woken by my missus, screaming/shouting and kicking the duvet off the bed like a man possessed.

She woke me up , but aparently the same thing happened again within 30 minutes.

All i remember is two ghosts attacking me.

OK, everyone has dreams , but these ghosts were the " scooby doo " type ghosts ( flowing blanket and eye slits ) but they were grey, i can still see them now.

FFS i'm 39 and this hasn't happen before. :eek:

What do your dreams ( the ones that wake you up ) contain ?

Associate
Usually winning the lotto

After 5 seconds I realise that it was all a dream and I have to get up for work soon :(

Life sucks at times.

Associate
busman said:
Usually winning the lotto

After 5 seconds I realise that it was all a dream and I have to get up for work soon :(

Life sucks at times.

I had a dream like that before which woke me up. For about five seconds after waking up I thought I had a McLaren F1 then I realised I didn't :(

Soldato
I had a one where i could hear a clicking at the bottom of the bed.

The click was insect like, and when i went to look down, i couldnt move, realising i was paralysed i started to panic, but still couldn't move. Then i felt something climb over my feet under the cover, as that happened the sound got louder, the creature moved up my body, the sound get louder, i tried moving, nothing, i tried my hardest to scream but nothing came out. The creature started to hiss as the clicking got louder and louder, i could feel its dozen legs climbing me chest, then i looked down, the quilt pulled back and this thing dived at my face.

I woke up and nearly went though the bedroom door. It was shut and i catipulted myself into it cracking the door in the middle, nearly knocking myself out. I was screaming the house down, shaking like hell, and (was at my parents at the time) i couldn't be calmed down, not by neither of my folks swearing blind something was in my room.

I honestly didn't sleep for about a week later, as when i got in my bed it was all i could think about, and you know how minds play tricks, when i dozed, images and flashbacks happened.

Haven't thought about this for about 2 years now, whats the betting i get a flashback tongiht coz of you!

Soldato
mrdbristol said:
these ghosts were the " scooby doo " type ghosts ( flowing blanket and eye slits ) but they were grey, i can still see them now

Have you been playing pacman lately or do you have a gardener/housekeeper/disgruntled curator/inheritor?

Seriously though, I rarely even remember any dreams I have, which I think is a shame.

Soldato
The dreams I tend to remember tend to be either about my girlfriend back home, or the place I used to work back home (Focus :p) or an odd mix of the two with some random events thrown in for good measure :D

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Al Vallario said:
At 10,000RPM you'd have to be running pretty fast to evade capture... ;)

Should there be a limit on how Geeky we allow these forums to get? :p

Ive Dreamt i was with the Girl friend and when i woke up i tried to put my arm around her and she wasnt there and at that point I panicked because i didnt know where she had gone until i remembered i was home at my house all by my self :(

Ive also had a dream where someone kept of tickling and anoying me and hitting me so much i finally snapped and kicked them in the face, But because it was just a dream, when i kicked i sent my foot through the wall :o

Soldato
only about a week ago i dreamt that i was led in my bed and i got a text on my phone which i leave next to my bed....i woke up and 30seconds later recieved a text

i was quite confused for the next few minutes, then i fell back to sleep again and carried on the dream (though luckily the real text message didnt say what i dreamt it to when i fell back to sleep, not going to say what that is on here though)

Soldato
I've leaped out of bed and switched the light on lots of times after having dreams where I wake up and a whacking great spider jumps at my face, pretty much like the poster above. There's no suspense though - I just 'wake up' and a big spider jumps at me, at which point I run and turn the light off (still in my dream apparently) then when the light comes on I wake up and find myself stood by the lightswitch with no clothes on with my heart beating really fast.

Fun stuff :/

Zip

Zip

Soldato
mrbios said:
only about a week ago i dreamt that i was led in my bed and i got a text on my phone which i leave next to my bed....i woke up and 30seconds later recieved a text

i was quite confused for the next few minutes, then i fell back to sleep again and carried on the dream (though luckily the real text message didnt say what i dreamt it to when i fell back to sleep, not going to say what that is on here though)

Ive done that :p
Ive even dreaming ive been textinf people and i wake up with no phone in my hand but my hand looks like its holding a phone and my thumb is just tyoing away in thin air :p

Soldato
Yee Gads, I Have far to many dreams to recall them here, I will try to recall the best ones I have had for you in a while, bit late now, But if ever my dream is to scary I tend to go "Hmm, This is a dream" then I pinch myself realy hard in *** dream and wake up.... Good stuff, Though TBH I like realising Im dreaming, I get to do things like levitate cars!

Ok, Evil Ones

The most recent:

I Woke up in my bed, but for some reason I could not move, I just could not get out of bed, not move my hands, my arms nothing, I kept pulling away from my body, and all of a sudden *POP* Here I was standing on my bed looking down at myself.... Now if that is not freeky enough, As I tried to move away from my bed My movement was suden, I went from the bed to over by my desk, I saw my dog sitting by my door and eventualy I was pulled back into my body, I Then found myself standing by my pc, and an old lady was sitting on my bed and She felt like pure evil, Then I woke up for real, the odd part was, my dog was sitting in the exactly place and position that I had seen in my dream.....

Second most recent, I Woke up, my pillow was over my head but I could just see out, I could hear this whiring noise, Like realy loud wind blowing right past my head, then I could sense something right in front of me, But I couldent see anything and I heard a voice say to me "If you come with me now, the end will begin" Then I took the pillow off my head thinking wtf and got up.... the strange part being I dident actualy wake up.... I was awake the whole time

When I was little I also use to have this alot:

I Would open my eyes, look around my room only it was like a Picaso drawing, My lamp would be on *** roof, my light on the wall, my tv on *** door, every was jumbles up. Then I would feel my bed start to shake violently, and then a growling would begin, I use to close my eyes, Say a prayor and open them and everything would be normal, No more bed shaking, No more wolf growling, No more tv hanging from the door......Scary enough I told my mum about this, and instead of her normal, Oh it was just a dream, She told me she had had it happen as well...... And since I moved from that house I have had it happen only once :eek:

I have loads of strange dreams tbh, To many, Being chased by "The Ghost Train" It looked nothing like a train but it was always chasing me in dreams to give me ashma, The Sun would turn into a lion and growl at me, wolves would chase me and try and get me, wolves heads would talk in devil like voices to me...... I Also however use to regularly marry girls in my dreams, I must have had about a million wives O_o

Last edited:
Soldato
Zip said:
Ive done that :p
Ive even dreaming ive been textinf people and i wake up with no phone in my hand but my hand looks like its holding a phone and my thumb is just tyoing away in thin air :p

I dont think thats a dream ( not a dry one , anyway :D )

Soldato
Scooby Doo ghosts :D

You have to remember . . Dreams are usually from the unconscious and are random images stitched together, that's why one ecounters some really whacky things.

My dreams are worse :o

Soldato
mrdbristol said:
All of a sudden my ghost dream seems quite normal :D
lmao if you think thats bad, I dreampt that I was Dr Who, (David Tennant) And The Daleks were there, they demanded 3 of my kidneys or earth would be destroyed, rose said But you will die, to which I replied your forgetting im not human, I have 6 kidneys..... and agreed to their terms :rolleyes:

Soldato
jcb33 said:
lmao if you think thats bad, I dreampt that I was Dr Who, (David Tennant) And The Daleks were there, they demanded 3 of my kidneys or earth would be destroyed, rose said But you will die, to which I replied your forgetting im not human, I have 6 kidneys..... and agreed to their terms :rolleyes:

You are mistaking dreaming with " Twatness " :rolleyes: