Is a 3 piece suit acceptable for a funeral

Soldato
Might seem like an obvious or silly question to some, but I'm really not sure and I dont want to get it wrong. I only have 1 suit and it is 3 piece, I could wear without the waistcoat but its single button and goes quite low (to compliment the waistcoat). It is very dark grey I will be wearing with a white shirt and a plain black tie, but will I drawn bad attention to myself by wearing a waistcoat? I've always considered a 3 piece suit more of a business dress really.

Soldato
Hm, I think of it more as a business dress as well. I have actually never been to a funeral before but I would say it would be better without. Not so 'flash' and wouldn't draw attention to yourself. I also wouldn't be too bothered about the suit jacket either.

But ey, what do I know :p

Soldato
Am I the only person who read that as 3 piece suite? Was very confused, but as others have said it will be fine

Soldato
So long as you are not specifically asked to wear something then it doesn't really matter. It's a funeral, not a black tie dinner party. Unless you turn up in something extremely brightly coloured or dressed as death then nobody is likely to take offence, or even look twice for that matter. Be yourself, the person they knew.

Associate
So long as you are not specifically asked to wear something then it doesn't really matter. It's a funeral, not a black tie dinner party. Unless you turn up in something extremely brightly coloured or dressed as death then nobody is likely to take offence, or even look twice for that matter. Be yourself, the person they knew.

This. A million times this. If my grandparents were the sort of people who would be offended at the idea of me not dressed in a suit for their funeral, I wouldn't have been going to their funeral.

Pay your respects as you, not the way anyone else thinks you should.

Back
Top Bottom