• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is anyone else having problems with the Gecube X1950 AGP?

Associate
I've had a hell of a time getting Company of Heroes to work on this card. It works most of the time with the factory drivers but if I try and update I get endless crashing and resets with the occasional blue screen thrown in. Everything else is ok (including Dawn of War) so I guess it's more a CoH problem than a Gecube one. It's slightly annoying not being able to update my drivers though, anyone else got this game to work ok?

Soldato
I got a PCI-e GECUBE X1950 Pro that im sending back, same problems. Freezes in every game - tested 5 different games and 4 different drivers. System just locks up and I have to reboot! They don't seem to come with sensors so you can't find out the GPU temp, but imo I think they overheat when they are under demand!

Associate
OP
ACESHIGH said:
Might be worth contacting Relic with your specs & let them know what is happening & see what reply they can give you.

Well, I tried using automatic settings instead of putting everything at max and enabled AA from the Ati console rather than the game (a tip I heard at the relic boards) and it's working fine now. I'm not even going to bother with updating my drivers for a while at least.

Back
Top Bottom