Is B Grade stuff worth bothering with?

Im thinking about picking up a HD from bgrade but i already got 2 Hard disks connected via IDE to my machine, My ide cable doesn't have another connector is there any sort of way around this with a y cable ide? or is that not possible?

gam3r said:
Im thinking about picking up a HD from bgrade but i already got 2 Hard disks connected via IDE to my machine, My ide cable doesn't have another connector is there any sort of way around this with a y cable ide? or is that not possible?
You could put it in an ext USB2 or firewire case or buy an pci card with IDE or sata connections on it.

Each ide socket on your motherboard should support two harddrives or two dvd-rom drives on each...which you can mix.

Last edited:
gam3r said:

PCI PATA card such as this one; Highpoint Rocket133 2 Channel ATA Host Adaptor (CC-015-HP) (£22) but they are available cheaper 2nd hand etc.

I only recently bought some stuff from the B-grade section during the big clearout and it all arrived today - the only disappointing thing for me was I only became aware of it on Saturday after a lot of stuff had already been sold.

Even so, I managed to order a good few items at great prices - such as an Asus A8N-SLI Premium for £30 - and all but one item arrived looking absolutely brand new. Most items didn't have the original box or accessories but the actual product looked untouched - one item, another motherboard which retails for around £80+P+P int eh cheapest of places, arrived boxed with absolutely everything sealed inside.

So to answer your question, without a shadow of a doubt the B-Grade section is worth bothering with - I will be checking it very regularly from now on.

Back
Top Bottom