Is backlight bleeding a returnable fault?

Associate
I'm almost about to order a tft finally (viewsonic) but have a quick question.

Basically a per the title, is backlight bleeding a returnable fault?

I know viewsonic have a zero dead pixel policy now (vp series) which in no small part is part of my decision to go with them but is backlight bleeding seen as a fault?

Any advice appreciated.

Yeah but if I use that then I'm gonna have to pay for the postage and insurance... pricey.

I'd rather know if its a recognised fault and then not be liable for sending it back myself.

If the Backlight bleed is very bad then you should be able to RMA it. Otherwise you could send it back under the 7 day long distance selling reg.

Thanks for the replies guys.

So does anyone know what Viewsonics warranty is on their tfts?

Basically are they as good as Dell's, in that a faulty monitor will be picked up from you and replaced?

If its a VX series viewsonic monitor, i know you have to have 5 or more stuck/dead pixels to get a replacement/refund...i have 3 and they wont even consider it.

However i believe the VP series has slightely better warranty cover?

I'm after one from the vp range.

Anyone know where I can clear this up once and for all?

Short of ringing viewsonic up, is there any information on their warranties and monitor pickup policy?

Anyone had a viewsonic that was faulty and would like to tell me what they had to do?

Give viewsonics customer services a ring and see if they will take it back? I believe Dell used to take them back for exchange if the bleed was bad, so maybe Viewsonic will too.

Back
Top Bottom