is better cooling gonna be beneficial to me?

Associate
currently using the stock heatsink from a 4800x2 i was wandering if upgrading to water, phase or something would help my overclock, there is nothing wrong with the temps and im just wandering if i have reached the max of my cpu. i dunno though cos i am stable @ 3ghz but the minute i try for anymore it wont do it, the tcasemax of my cpu is 59 if that helps anything, i dont wanna upgrade my cpu for a while now, wait for conroe probably, so would water cooling or something help me squeeze a bit more out of my cpu? or would it just be a waste of money?

Associate
keef said:
currently using the stock heatsink from a 4800x2 i was wandering if upgrading to water, phase or something would help my overclock, there is nothing wrong with the temps and im just wandering if i have reached the max of my cpu. i dunno though cos i am stable @ 3ghz but the minute i try for anymore it wont do it, the tcasemax of my cpu is 59 if that helps anything, i dont wanna upgrade my cpu for a while now, wait for conroe probably, so would water cooling or something help me squeeze a bit more out of my cpu? or would it just be a waste of money?

You could propably squeeze some more juice out of it by installing a good watercooling :D . Add a block to your gpu as well, and you got yourself a quiet yet very "powerfull" cooling. I won't be back on air for a good while

Associate
OP
:) lo! 200mhz NO, that wouldnt be worth it! but if there was a chance of maybe 500mhz then yes that would be worth it! could anyone point me to a link or info on this tcase max temp so i can compare to other cpu with the same rating? :)

Associate
OP
1.5v i cant seem to be able to upload any screenshots through imageshack, :( im sure the cpu has more left in it yet though.

Associate
OP
sweet! mine wont do much over 490. havent tried again in a while though, darn, you got a good gpu! what voltmods can be done to these cards?

Back
Top Bottom