• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Frame pacing fixed on Crossfire?

Soldato
Are the frame pacing issues fixed on crossfire now. I never had any real problems with crossfire but have found SLI a bit smoother in the past.

Someone is offering me another 290X. Would basically work out free. Not sure whether to sell it or keep it and go crossfire?

I game at 1440P, opinions appreciated.

Use both, or sell one keep the other?

Caporegime
Are the frame pacing issues fixed on crossfire now. I never had any real problems with crossfire but have found SLI a bit smoother in the past.

Someone is offering me another 290X. Would basically work out free. Not sure whether to sell it or keep it and go crossfire?

I game at 1440P, opinions appreciated.

Use both, or sell one keep the other?

AMD are ahead these days on frame pacing according to the most recent testing conducted at pcper using Nvidia's own FCAT tool.

I'm using 290 crossfire at 1440P and have no issues with any game i own. Note, i do not play that filth watchdogs lol.

Ee4fZ4t.png

cLwAAUW.png

5ICUN1u.png

MvOk7KW.png

mtDLTbx.png

lSSMFAY.png

msXfdm3.png

mWSmYWK.png

Soldato
You're about as bad as me with changing setups :p
Crossfire is generally fine but in some games having vsync on causes stuttering. I remember Arma stuttering with frame pacing on too.

Soldato
Use both - one GPU always looks so lonely on it's own.

If you find you're having issues with the games you play, then sell the card and you're no worse off than if you'd sold it without trying it. If you don't have issues and decide you like it - welcome to the Crossfire Club brother. :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers LT.

Go for it Boom. Makes good sense.

It's not gonna cost me anything, but I'm aware as soon as I open it up, it loses value. I could just sell it brand new and profit now... Hmm :confused:

Suppose I could run both of them and then sell them both when 20nm cards drop. Probably still be worth a fair chunk in 6 - 12 months..

Am crap at decision making when it comes to my PC, as my erratic upgrading and downgrading of hardware shows :p

Not so bad when it doesn't cost you anything though..

Soldato
OP
It's a done deal on the card. should arrive tomorrow. Still not sure whether to just sell it and profit, or run Crossfire..

No doubt when it arrives tomorrow the temptation to install it will be to much for me.. I am a hardware whore :(

:D

Associate
It's a done deal on the card. should arrive tomorrow. Still not sure whether to just sell it and profit, or run Crossfire...

Well it didn't stay in it's box very long :o

Dayum these are fast in Crossfire :D

Reading all of your to-ing and fro-ing, your pondering... and being quite sure how it would result it was still funny to read the above posts in succession.

Enjoy it. Know that I envy you! I want entry to Crossfire Club :( :p

Soldato
The lure of multi card pimpery is too much for mortal men. We all fail the test when given the opportunity...

Look at Tonester. He doesn't even use both cards. The second one's just there for pimping. True story.

Back
Top Bottom