Is interference a thing?

Soldato
hey guys,

I have been having issues on a few wireless mice, (USB adapter not BT)..where stuttering and skipping was a big problem.

So I have hooked up my USB Logitech G403 mouse to test, and so far, I repeat SO FAR! it seems to have helped??

is interference with the metal Mac Pro construction a thing? Surely something is going on with it?

Associate
I can’t comment specifically on the Mac Pro but 2.4GHz wireless mice can definitely get interference if you’re connected to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. My mouse skips unless I connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi

Soldato
OP
I can’t comment specifically on the Mac Pro but 2.4GHz wireless mice can definitely get interference if you’re connected to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. My mouse skips unless I connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi

hmm...interesting..I mean, so far, it's ok on the wired mouse? :confused:

Associate
Out of interest if you turn airport / Wi-Fi off just to test, does the mouse skip less? Another option that works for mine is using a USB extension to get the mouse receiver away from the tower, that might also be worth a try if you have one

Last edited:
Soldato
it depends on the frequency in use,

I currently get interference in this setup

2.4 devices
PS5 -> Controller
Macbook -> Mouse/Keyboard
Airpids
Maxwell Audeze Headphones
Iphone -> Watch

swapped my keyboard to my wired & its helped a lot for audio skipping issues

Soldato
In my office I've got:

2x Sonos One
Sub Mini (connected over ethernet)
MX Master 2S
K860 Ergo
Logitech Lift
Jabra Evolve 2 65

And I get interference with my mouse. Skips around the screen.
one thing I did was turn off 2.4Ghz Wifi helped a fair bit. Everything is using 5GHz keeps Bluetooth devices having interference from wifi

Back
Top Bottom