• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is is worth having eist on or off ?

Caporegime
well what is the real saving from having it on :confused:

this is what throttles my cpu down yes but what amount of wattage or power is it using are we talking minute or considerable amount if on allday ?

Caporegime
OP
Depends on how far you overclock. At the extreme end you'll save a good 20-30 watts. I don't have figures for EIST/C1 etc while overclocked because I have no desire to introduce instability to my system. However, these are the figures I recently collected:

Fixed overclock (all power saving disabled):
4.6ghz @ 1.30v load = 105 watts idle
4.5ghz @ 1.25v load = 98 watts idle
4.4ghz @ 1.22v load = 96 watts idle
4.2ghz @ 1.14v load = 92 watts idle
3.8ghz @ 1.00v load = 85 watts idle

Stock (everything on Normal or Auto):
1.6ghz = 76 watts idle

At current electricity prices (15p/kwh), 30watts = £40 per year when used 24/7. Not much tbh when a typical PC costs £500+.

so basically 80p a week extra to have it off :p think ill leave it off then :D

Caporegime
OP
thing is for life of 2 to 3 years the cpu will stand it and cost isnt really isnt a issue would rather have speed constant myself for the little extra

for the footprint people of the earth i understand :p

Back
Top Bottom