Is it berkeley or me?

Associate
Is there something going on at berkelely coz i'm having to manually tell each of my machines to connect to send and get results each morning, otherwise i just get communication referred over and over again when it tries to caonnect automatically.
I've gone through all of my preferences and everything seems fine and i cant see anything on the seti site that might indicate a problem.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to berkeley?

Associate
OP
Im using the optimized clients on my machines as well. Maybe that has something to do with it. Was there not a new client that accepts the enhanced woos?

[EDIT] Just checked here and i'm gonna try the optimized clients for enhanced, hopefully that'll sort the problem. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Whitestar said:
Im using the optimized clients on my machines as well. Maybe that has something to do with it. Was there not a new client that accepts the enhanced woos?

Yes there is, i'm having to set bionc to no new work, and when the cache is gone, uninstall and reinstall boinc to force it to download new wu's along with the new client( there is also an updated boinc so may as well install that), we will all have to do that soon as there won't be any old style wu's left soon to crunch.

Babyface UK

edit: and you got there first with your edit :D

Associate
OP
Well now ive got the standard Boinc client (5.4.9) as there isn't an optimized one yet and i'm using the optimized seti enchanced client (5.12) with the latest app_info.xml file.

So far i've only downloaded enhanced woos, but i read somewhere, i think on the seti site that there still dishing out ol woos for quite a while, so i might put the old optimized seti client back incase i get old woos (dont wanna be missing out on any credit).

[EDIT] But it seems to have halfway sorted it, instead of getting communication deferred without it acually uploading/downloading anything, it uploads and downloads and then get communication deferred.

Last edited:
Associate
Whitestar said:
Well now ive got the standard Boinc client (5.4.9) as there isn't an optimized one yet and i'm using the optimized seti enchanced client (5.12) with the latest app_info.xml file.

So far i've only downloaded enhanced woos, but i read somewhere, i think on the seti site that there still dishing out ol woos for quite a while, so i might put the old optimized seti client back incase i get old woos (dont wanna be missing out on any credit).

[EDIT] But it seems to have halfway sorted it, instead of getting communication deferred without it acually uploading/downloading anything, it uploads and downloads and then get communication deferred.

Give it a few days, mine did the same with the new app then they start communicateing on a regular basis after a bit.

Babyface UK

Permabanned
are you having trouble sending completed work units back as all my PC's are having trouble today.

regards,
ben

Permabanned
PhilthyPhil said:
It does say all the sah_assimilator processes are offline, i guess that must be why :confused:

Yeah, it said this up untill about 6PM and then all the servers were online according to the status page. Now though, it says they're all online but I still can't upload units.

Strange.

Soldato
babyface uk said:
Seems ok for me atm.

Babyface UK
I am at work now, I will check my stats to see when the last WU was uploaded.

[edit]
From the Boinc Seti page:
Weekly Outage Notice
This week only our maintenance outage will take place on Wednesday around 17:00 UTC The data servers and most web pages are offline during this time. The outage lasts 3-4 hours, and then there is a long period of "catch up" afterwards as the servers are swamped with backlogged requests.

May 16, 2006
All of our splitters have been altered to create workunits for SETI@home enhanced. Thanks for your patience during this transition.

May 16, 2006
A cascade of problems today caused inability to return results and later, the inability to download new work. One of the data servers lost the ability to see the upload directory. After reboot, it temporarily lost the ability to see the entire network.
[/edit]

[edit2] My machine has not returned any results since I manually sent the last results this morning so I doubt it is crunching as it crunches a WU in well under an hour[/edit2]

Last edited:
Associate
May 16, 2006
All of our splitters have been altered to create workunits for SETI@home enhanced. Thanks for your patience during this transition.

If you still using the optimised client for the old seti app you will need to change to the seti enhanced app. I found the easiest was was to uninstall/reinstall Boinc and it will doenload what you need automatically.

Babyface UK

Soldato
babyface uk said:
If you still using the optimised client for the old seti app you will need to change to the seti enhanced app. I found the easiest was was to uninstall/reinstall Boinc and it will doenload what you need automatically.
Bugger, looks like I have to find out what enhanced optimised stuff I need :(

Help please :o

Are these the files I need to get it running on a A64 San Diego 3700+ system?
Windows 5.12_IPP_SSE2 and Boinc 5.2.13 Windows SSE2 and the updated app_info.xml

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom