Is it possible to prevent my controller from turning my PS4 on?

Caporegime
I think this thread will probably qualify for the "you're a bloody weirdo diddums" title.

My wife loves cleaning nitty gritty stuff. Keyboards, graphics cards, controllers, etc. The more crevices it has to stick a toothpick in, the better. (yes, she's odd, she married me after all)

NOW!

One of my PS4 controllers is getting a bit rank and one of the buttons is starting to stick. I bought a new one but my wife wants to clean the old one. Whilst I'm playing on my PS4. Tonight. So, is there a way for me to play with my new controller whilst she cleans the old one and not have it interfere with my games?

If not I'll just unplug the PS4 tomorrow and she can do it whilst I'm at work, but if it is possible, that'd be awesome :D

Yes, I'm nuts.

Soldato
Similar sort of solution I am looking for.

My PS4 is in a cabinet underneath my TV, but if the cabinet is closed the heat that it contained in unreal (doesn't help living where I live with high ambient temperatures).

All it takes when I am at the office is my maid to come along and clean my PS4 controller and accidentally fire it up and I come home to a PS4 that is gasping for air.

First world problems in a third world environment.

Caporegime
Similar sort of solution I am looking for.

My PS4 is in a cabinet underneath my TV, but if the cabinet is closed the heat that it contained in unreal (doesn't help living where I live with high ambient temperatures).

All it takes when I am at the office is my maid to come along and clean my PS4 controller and accidentally fire it up and I come home to a PS4 that is gasping for air.

First world problems in a third world environment.

turn your ps4 off at the plug

Back
Top Bottom