Is it safe to lay a gaming rig on its side???

Associate
Hi

I'll soon be getting a new gaming rig with the CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE
It's going to be used in the living room and I've been wondering is it safe/ok to lay a pc on its side these days?

It would look a lot better in my set up laying horizontally but if it's not safe I'll find another solution.

Sides of case is tempered glass and not blocking vents etc

edit - picked a nicer case

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as the fans aren't blocked there's no reason to expect any problems. Convection makes very little difference so the airflow will basically be unchanged.

There's no way I'd want that case anywhere near my living room, but that's your choice.

Soldato
I'd get some little rubber feet to keep the glass off the shelf but otherwise I can't see why not (as long as it's orientated with the motherboard on the bottom, of course).

Associate
OP
As long as the fans aren't blocked there's no reason to expect any problems. Convection makes very little difference so the airflow will basically be unchanged.

There's no way I'd want that case anywhere near my living room, but that's your choice.

lol I know what you mean about case design...so ive changed it to the
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE

Reviews are good and looks a lot better if on display as horizontally seems fine

Associate
OP
I'd get some little rubber feet to keep the glass off the shelf but otherwise I can't see why not (as long as it's orientated with the motherboard on the bottom, of course).

Yeah I might get 4 nice rubber door stop things to give it a little more height on its side.

Soldato
lol I know what you mean about case design...so ive changed it to the
CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE
Less awful I suppose.

Aren't there any decent horizontally oriented cases out there? You used to be able to buy some quite nice cases that looked more-or-less like Hi-Fi components and wouldn't look out of place in a living room.

Associate
OP
Less awful I suppose.

Aren't there any decent horizontally oriented cases out there? You used to be able to buy some quite nice cases that looked more-or-less like Hi-Fi components and wouldn't look out of place in a living room.

Im getting it pre built so limited to what is available.
Quite happy with the new case so that will do and can always hide away if I need to

Associate
OP
Cheers but ordered the build and can't change case again and the one linked isn't available there anyway.

Happy with build now and will try it horizontal and see how i get on.

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom