Is it still cheaper to fuel up in Europe???

Soldato
From a road trip 2 weeks ago petrol in France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland & Italy is around €1.25 - €1.38. Cheapest places were in the mountains, Davos-Stelvio was €0.85!!

When I was in Germany this time last year it was more like €1.60 in some places but fortunately the exchange rate was more favourable - that was when petrol prices were pretty high though. Austria was by far the cheapest back then.

Soldato
Was in France a month ago.

Diesel and Petrol were about 90p a litre, or something along those lines. Defiantly cheaper tho.

However the tolls nullify any petrol gains, one bill was for €10!

Soldato
Was in France a month ago.

Diesel and Petrol were about 90p a litre, or something along those lines. Defiantly cheaper tho.

However the tolls nullify any petrol gains, one bill was for €10!

diesel is quite a bit cheaper in france, but unleaded i doubt.

just come back from US and cheapest i got on the long journey was $2.39 per (US) gallon! most expensive was $3.49, guess the individual states vary the tax quite a bit.

Soldato
OP
So, in conclusion then, no! :p

Just have to take it easy and try to save some money, and fill up over here before we leave! (Never thought id say that), always always always used to be the other way!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
belgium is cheaper than france, germany and the netherlands
germany is actually quite expensive fwiw. luxembourg is the cheapest in western europe, as they have rather low fuel, alcohol and tobacco duties

however, with the pound worth naff all, ymmv.
probably doesn't concern you, but the cheapest diesel is in belgium and the luxembourg (obv)

filled up on friday @ 90cents/litre i think petrol was around €1.20

motorways are always 10-15% more expensive than petrols stations on A and B roads, and unmanned ones are 1 or 2cents cheaper than ones with a shop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom