• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it worth holding off on upgrade?

Associate
So, I've gone and got myself an X34A, running it with a 970. To be honest, most the games I have run just fine on it with some tweaking. However, I will be after something better to make the most of this monitor, so at some point will be after a 1070Ti or 1080.

Is it worth holding off for the new Volta cards to come out to try and get a bargain Pascal card and just stick with the 970 for now? Are the old cards likely to fall much in price (especially seeing as they seem to be in demand for 'mining')?

Soldato
Whilst GPU prices aren't great right now I think it's difficult for anyone to advise to hold off too - nobody really knows what's going to happen with mining although there is speculation this is going to increase before it goes away. Then there is the shortage of RAM on top of that is inflating prices but who knows if supply and demand and therefore pricing will ever return to 'normal' levels. If you are managing with your 970 then I'd wait and keep a close eye on prices and as soon as you see a good deal / sale/ offer jump on it. The market is so volatile just now that the usual trends and subsequent advice don't really apply.

Back
Top Bottom