is it worth to buy the LIAN LI - V3000 PLUS?

@technocae3 Not sure if this is still of any help to you, but I got this case as part of a custom build Overclockers did for me recently. A couple of things to note:

• It is huge (you can get the dimensions from the Lian Li website). The size wasn't an issue for me as I had a spot to put it and had measured the room I needed, but it could be a serious problem for anyone who thinks they can put this PC case on (or under) a table.
  • It is a premium build material and looks amazing.
  • It is beyond heavy, large I can deal with, but the weight of it is just insane. Had I known how heavy it was beforehand, I would have picked a different case. I hurt my back just trying to get it up the stairs (and that was with someone helping me lift it). No case should be this heavy... :eek: I ended up buying a PC trolley to easily move it around for when I want to get into the case (and I had trouble finding one big enough to hold the case!).
  • It comes with zero fans included, which surprised me given the price of it (but that was on me for not doing enough research beforehand). I had to add some fans to my OC order so there was airflow. I added a couple of additional fans myself since I got it as well. I noticed one very bad design choice with the case, and that is there is not enough room at the back of the case for 2 of the 4 fan screws. I was trying to add a Lian Li 140SL inf fan, and you cannot fit in 2 screws as there is not enough room. So I have held in by only 2 screws on the left side of the rear fan... which I ain't pleased about.
Hope that helps. If you get this case, your biggest problem will be the slotting a rear fan in (if it comes pre-built from OC) and the weight.

Last edited:
I have the V2000 in teh loft at the moment, was running a dual loop in it and loved it, Very very heavy when full with a dual loop and 3 rads. I have also owned teh Elite which is also a great case but i prefer the lian li. The V3000 looks liek it fixes the gripes i had with the V2000 and if i was to choose now based on your 3 options it would be the v3000 but be warned it is massive

Phanteks Elite and Lianli v3000 are similar size. Corsair 1000d is a bit bigger
corsair 1000d is big so is the elite ive got both cases and ive got the v3000plus the v3000 plus is a big case but i wouldnt say its the same as the 1000d or the elite but slightly smaller but the case as plenty of room for both water cooling and all in one its a lovely case

I was looking at this case, but the weight put me off. With everything installed, it’s going to take two people to lift
I actually built my V3000+ PC on the cabinet that it was going to be housed on because of this. I'd installed castor wheels on the cabinet itself so I could move it around. Actually worked out really well.

Back
Top Bottom