Is My LCD Panel Scratched?

Soldato
I have a Dell laptop and when the screen is totally black but powered on I can see a white line about an inch long and an 8th of an inch thick in the centre. The line is not visible when colours are displayed, only when the pixels in that area are supposed to be black.

I've contacted Dell customer support and they've said that it is customer induced damage and that the screen has been scratched but I find this hard to accept as there is no physical damage to the surface of the panel and as I've said, all other colours display correctly.

I'll post some pictures later but was wondering what the experts on here think?

Soldato
If you're convinced it's not physical damage, and it's under warranty, then ask them to swap it. Most likely they'll concede the defect and replace - worst case it comes back to you.

Dell are pretty good about warranties on the whole :)

Soldato
OP
If you're convinced it's not physical damage, and it's under warranty, then ask them to swap it. Most likely they'll concede the defect and replace - worst case it comes back to you.

Dell are pretty good about warranties on the whole :)
Good shout mate.

I arranged to send the laptop back and they replaced the screen straight away. It took just over a week all in, the laptop is as good as new, has been to Germany and back and it didn't cost me a penny.

I'm really impressed with the service.

Soldato
Yeah, Dell are good on the whole. Last time I had a busted laptop HDD, they shipped a new one next day and collected the dead one with the same courier. Swapped on my doorstep withing 24 hours :)

Back
Top Bottom