• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is now the best time to sell your GPU?

Associate
So I listed my RX 6700 XT on eBay and 24 hours later I cancelled the listing and gave the card back to my son to use until they release a water block for it and then I can include it in my loop.

eBay was just a total cess-pool. I got lots of questions. One person got very rude with me because I refused to accept their offer (I already had 2 higher offers). They then started saying I was trying to profit. I pointed out to them that I was set to lose about £100 after eBay fees versus what I paid, and had used the card (not exactly best tactics for a scalper), but it was like the 4th message in an hour and I just couldn’t handle the negativity. Couple that with the fact that there is a chance you get scammed (even with photos of serial numbers, and the fact you will eventually get your money back, I don’t need the stress).

So yeah, eBay is a total cess-pit right now.

Soldato
Even with crypto crashing and miners selling hardware there's still a huge demand for these cards from gamers. You might see 2nd prices dip briefly if there's a sudden influx of cards hitting the market at the time but going by what was going at the RTX launch demand is overwhelming.

Associate
People are still paying crazy money for things. I'm thinking of selling the 3070 I've got to CeX and noticed they had two of them in stock earlier for just over a grand (well, closer to £1100). Both gone now.
ETH is up again. I have a quote from CeX but I'll let it slide. I'm definitely keeping my GPUs until 14th July.

Associate
ETH rewards are generally low at the minute though so the amount of ETH you can mine between now and July should be considered as well as the price of it. If you are considering selling your GPU and are holding out due to the market then you are doing exactly the same as the crypto market is doing :) There is always the possibility of a unicorn around the corner .... If you want to sell your card and are happy with the price you can get for it then no time like the present.

Associate
So I listed my RX 6700 XT on eBay and 24 hours later I cancelled the listing and gave the card back to my son to use until they release a water block for it and then I can include it in my loop.

eBay was just a total cess-pool. I got lots of questions. One person got very rude with me because I refused to accept their offer (I already had 2 higher offers). They then started saying I was trying to profit. I pointed out to them that I was set to lose about £100 after eBay fees versus what I paid, and had used the card (not exactly best tactics for a scalper), but it was like the 4th message in an hour and I just couldn’t handle the negativity. Couple that with the fact that there is a chance you get scammed (even with photos of serial numbers, and the fact you will eventually get your money back, I don’t need the stress).

So yeah, eBay is a total cess-pit right now.

Yes it has got very bad on that auction site over the last 12 months or so and a few other places come to think of it. i don`t think a lot buyers have the money to pay up and are looking for cheap deals or are trying to screw the seller it would be better if some of them looked into getting a job. just be careful.

Associate
ETH rewards are generally low at the minute though so the amount of ETH you can mine between now and July should be considered as well as the price of it. If you are considering selling your GPU and are holding out due to the market then you are doing exactly the same as the crypto market is doing :) There is always the possibility of a unicorn around the corner .... If you want to sell your card and are happy with the price you can get for it then no time like the present.
The only Unicorn I'm holding out for is the crypto Internet Computer. Exchanged 0.15ETH to that to be in the game.

I know GPUs will go down in price from here. However, I believe ETH will be worth more in future as the platform WILL be more valuable in future. Bitcoin is not being developed and almost all of it has been mined. Therefore, it's purely a ponzi scheme now.

It's all a case of assessing each element on its own merits and applying risk/reward accordingly.

Associate
CeX have dropped the price of my 3060Ti from £867 to £479! My quote is valid for the last day! What do I do?

Actually seems like a no-brainer.:
1. Take a £30 loss in future and try to mine the profit back (£20 per week at current rates) or
2. Take a £358 profit now

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I am glad I started this thread. Seems I called it close to the peak. I got £920 cash for my 6800 and now CEX are only offering £833.

Edit: it is £833 if you are happy to accept a voucher and only £587 if you want cash!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am glad I started this thread. Seems I called it close to the peak. I got £920 cash for my 6800 and now CEX are only offering £833.

Edit: it is £833 if you are happy to accept a voucher and only £587 if you want cash!

That's some drop!

My £1k offer expires today, I'm not sure though - I bought the card to game on, not to make a few ££. £1k is a lot of ££ though, especially with the 3070/3080ti dropping in the next couple of weeks

CeX have dropped the price of my 3060Ti from £867 to £479! My quote is valid for the last day! What do I do?

Actually seems like a no-brainer.:
1. Take a £30 loss in future and try to mine the profit back (£20 per week at current rates) or
2. Take a £358 profit now

Let me know what you decide, I honestly have no idea! If Eth gets back up to where it was last week, then that £20/week could go back up to £30/week and almost pay off the difference before EIP 1559 in July

Last edited:
Soldato
That's some drop!

My £1k offer expires today, I'm not sure though - I bought the card to game on, not to make a few ££

Let me know what you decide, I honestly have no idea! If Eth gets back up to where it was last week, then that £20/week could go back up to £30/week and almost pay off the difference before EIP 1559 in July

I decided summer is here and I can buy back in at a lower price when things level off, YMMV. If you're a big gamer and spend a lot of time on it then keep it and enjoy using it.

Associate
OP
Great reasoning, but my concern is that this doesn't happen and I have to spend £1k to replace card when I could have kept mine and made back some of the ££ mining :/

If you want to play games then the sensible thing is to just cash in and get an Xbox or PS5. GPU prices are in a bubble and I think it may have just popped.

Associate
I'm taking them (4) in today. I've just seen a clause where multiple cards could get reduced. If they low ball me too much, I will definitely sell one today.
EIP1559 is 7 weeks away so it's more like £40-50/week which is an ETH price of £3000+. I'm totally up for mining on 3070Ti/3080Ti (I know, limited) but today and now seems like a good/safe deal.

Soldato
Great reasoning, but my concern is that this doesn't happen and I have to spend £1k to replace card when I could have kept mine and made back some of the ££ mining :/

Yes there is a bit of a gamble, it will take time but how long who knows. It's one of those situations where you have to balance your own needs/wants with the benefits. Good luck whichever way you go.

Back
Top Bottom