Is Patriot Viper any good?

Associate
I've not heard anything negative and as such personally would not discard them from consideration.
I have a patriot blast ssd and do not have a single complaint about it.

Associate
There was some issues forum members had with that kit earlier this year iirc. From not booting to not running at advertised spec.

I would just stick to Crucial. Such as BL2K16G36C16U4B

Better timings and basically the same price.

Soldato
I've had this exact set recently to go with my Z390 Aorus itx Pro Wifi board with the latest bios but unfortunately it wouldn't work properly. Ended up sending it back and purchasing yet another corsair kit 32GB (2x16gb).

Dunno if my set was faulty though, it would post into windows but not into bios. Looking at cpu-z it showed the ram running at 2400mhz which is weird as default should be 2133mhz and there was no xmp enabled since i couldn't enter bios to configure it.

Edit: I reset and cleared my cmos as well and it did the same thing.

Soldato
I've had two sets of Patriot Viper (a 3600 and a 3200) and neither ran at spec out the box; both went back and guaranteed faulty. Potentially bad luck, but after being burnt twice on the same brand of memory (and other users have had similar issues), then I will go for something else if I need to buy in future.

Associate
I have had the 4400 kits (32Gb) for a long time with no issues.
Happily runs 3600CL14 just need the voltage at 1.5v to be error free.

Associate
i bought a 8GB x2 4000mhz ones that turned out to be B die and it was bloody cheap back then so yeah, i would say they are great, at least the higher frequency ones.

Back
Top Bottom