Is the LG C4 42” the best option for a 4K OLED monitor ?

Associate
4K. 144hz and supposedly god tier image quality ?

I’m on the verge of picking one up for £900 but just want to make sure there aren’t better alternatives in a similar price range.

I don’t really care about it’s TV functionality btw

Not at Overclockers as the closest I could find was this Asus 42" OLED monitor at £1398.95:

Yikes, looking at the specs I’m not sure why it costs close to £500 more than the LG screen !

I’d say it’s a questionable choice for a desktop monitor, esp if you don’t want any of the TV functionality. If you want a super large screen it’s very good, but it won’t offer the performance you can get from many modern oled smaller monitors for gaming, productivity, office use etc
I sold my 42" C2 a few days ago because it was just too big, and I primarily used it as a work monitor. The image quality is very good, but the PPI is quite low once you've experienced 4K on a 32".

I'm using an Alienware AW3225QF now instead which is much more manageable.

Something to think about.

This was my only worry tbh, it being a bit too big for my viewing distance.

I would consider getting an OLED 3400x1440 monitor but I need a monitor with a normal aspect ratio as I plug my dodgy fire stick into the back for sky sports etc. I currently have the x34s from acer and it always stretches the fire stick image rather than giving me borders… which requires me to then disabled a bunch of features on it in order to change the monitors aspect ratio. It may sound minor but it gets very tedious disabling gsync and low latency etc every time I want to watch sport without a stretched image.

Last edited:
Apologies, had a notification on this had to change my password as it appears my account was compromised and I am certainly not in the USA!

lol all good, figured that was it after checking your previous posts and them all being normal with no prior attempts to hook other posters up with hot girls from their area :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom