Is the stock AMD Ryzen cooler acceptable for casual gaming use?

Soldato
The spire that came with my 2600X was non RGB, it cooled well enough, under 70C in gaming for a couple of hours but was too loud for me, I bought a Dark Rock which dropped it 5C or so and it absolutely silent

Soldato
Just my take on it, running a Wraith Max on my 3700x and it's way to loud, looking to upgrade it just because of the noise, it's cool enough at stock though even though when gaming you can hear my PC thru the floor.

Associate
Recently I bought a 3600 for my wifes home office SFF. It came with the stealth cooler. I fitted 1st gen spire (with the cooper plug) that I had left over from my daughters 1700 (which is OC with a 280mm AIO).

The 2nd gen spire actually does better than the first on testing due to a higher fan speed. However I find that for my wifes SFF the 1st gen spire is loud enough! Note that the Silverstone case has the cpu vent pointing right next to where my wife sits and so there is little distance and nothing to baffle the noise.

Associate
I just bought another 3600 for myself which I intend to OC. As I have a larger case and as the 3600 was so cheap at £189 I splashed out and spent £30 (now gone up to £35) on the artic cooling 34 esports duo

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...duo-white-cpu-cooler-2-x-120mm-hs-074-ar.html

This seems a fanatastic cooler for the price - It really throws a lot of air through the cooler - holding my hand behind it at idle you can really feel a strong breeze. CPU temps are kept low (35ºC at idle but 1200rpm and 60ºC at load 2100 rpm max). However the noise at 1200rpm is noticeble but not bad, and also not bad at 2100rpm max.

Back
Top Bottom