Is there a "cool" convertible?

• Thread starter Thread starter NVP
  • Start date Start date
If I cared what people thought of me, I'd have led a pretty miserable life..

I did hit a low point when I found myself enjoying driving the Mrs' Beetle as I had the family wagon (Mazda CX-5)..
o0xGyBWh.jpg

In the end we swapped over and whilst I wouldn't recommend to most people, I love the E46 M3 which I've had for 4 years now.
BZIY5cFh.jpg

Lets face it, there aren't any real universally 'cool' convertibles because whilst you can make arguments for many, all cars have some negative image issues and people will hate no matter what..

Ah the F-Type, such a beautiful car... wouldnt particularly want the convertible but its one of the best looking cars made in the last 30 odd years in my humble
opinion.

I did hit a low point when I found myself enjoying driving the Mrs' Beetle as I had the family wagon (Mazda CX-5)..
o0xGyBWh.jpg

In the end we swapped over and whilst I wouldn't recommend to most people, I love the E46 M3 which I've had for 4 years now.
BZIY5cFh.jpg

Lets face it, there aren't any real universally 'cool' convertibles because whilst you can make arguments for many, all cars have some negative image issues and people will hate no matter what..
Still a great looking car, and quickly becomming a classic and rightly so.

Picked up an SLK320 a few weeks ago, really liking it :)

Other car is an Integra, so I have two weekend cars :D

Since selling the F Type I don't have a car as such, I didn't want to put a load of money into a car which would hardly be used for many months due to my operation and Covid

At the moment I'm driving a SLK250d that I bought for the missus but I've nicked it for a bit and it's not bad at all, adequate for most things and costs bugger all to run

Hired one of these for a weekend a few years back for our wedding anniversary:

https://astonmartins.com/car/v8-vantage-n400-roadster/

And it certainly got a lot of positive comments.

That said, what I was actually trying to hire was the same car we had for our wedding 10 years before:

https://astonmartins.com/car/v8-vantage-v540-oi-v580-and-v580bbs/

And that one was in another world. You had people drawing alongside you on the motorway to give a thumbs up, or running across car parks to talk about it.
Unfortunately, it broke down the day before they were due to deliver it (it was a 30-odd year old car at that point).

o0xGyBWh.jpg

BZIY5cFh.jpg

I'm trying to find a picture of my daughter and niece when they were about 2, grinning like lunatics in their car seats in the back of my brother in laws M3 after a drive out.

Fantastic cars.

How about this:
6eb5806847bd932a1eceb872bb061814.jpeg

Probably not a great car anymore, but wow, I think that these are now very cool looking.

Back
Top Bottom