Is there a problem with the availability of 'low profile' DDR5 6000 CL30 in the UK?

Associate
Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently pricing up a 7800x3d upgrade and am looking to pair it with 32GB of DDR5 6000 CL30 ram as that does seem like a bit of a sweet spot for this CPU. However, I am struggling to find a 'low profile' variant of this ram that would fit under a Noctua NH-D15 cooler. I can see that both Team group and G Skill produce something that would work absolutely fine, but nether seems to be available in the UK.

Am I missing soemthing obvious here, or is there a shortage of ram from a variety of manufacturers in the UK or have I overlooked an option that would work for me?

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions offered :)

Man of Honour
Seems to be an issue in general with DDR5 boards and heatsinks and RAM physical compatibility :( if using a heatsink instead of liquid cooling. The combination I've gone for you have to push the fan and possibly a fin up slightly to make it fit.

Man of Honour
Probably same story as usual, gaming-oriented memory comes with big heatsinks and shiny 'tings.

Is non-RGB vengeance too tall?

Associate
OP
Probably same story as usual, gaming-oriented memory comes with big heatsinks and shiny 'tings.

Is non-RGB vengeance too tall?

The Vengeance non-RGB is 35mm tall and the front clearance of the Nh-D15 is 32mm according to the Noctua website. It is possible to raise the front fan a few mm though to create a bit more room and I have done that for some crucial ddr4 that I have used in the past that was just slightly too tall for the fan to clear

The vengeance ram also uses Samsung chips, wheras I'm more tempted by the Hynix chips from other manufacturers after a bit of research that I have done. I'm a bit surprised that Team Group and G Skill products aren't available here and everyone's inventory seems very Corsair heavy

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely get Hynix RAM over Samsung.

Also, find someone with a Dremmel and just cut any impeding parts of the cooler away (unless that means cutting a heat pipe, obviously).

I love air coolers but they can be a pain for compatibility.

Associate
OP
Definitely get Hynix RAM over Samsung.

Also, find someone with a Dremmel and just cut any impeding parts of the cooler away (unless that means cutting a heat pipe, obviously).

I love air coolers but they can be a pain for compatibility.

I don't suppose you can recommend some 6000 CL30 ram using hynix chips could you? As all the ones I've found so far are only available from USA sellers and I wouldn't fancy that for warranty purposes. Just to be clear, I'm not after any store links, links to original manufacturers and/or model/part numbers will be absolutely fine

Associate
I don't suppose you can recommend some 6000 CL30 ram using hynix chips could you? As all the ones I've found so far are only available from USA sellers and I wouldn't fancy that for warranty purposes. Just to be clear, I'm not after any store links, links to original manufacturers and/or model/part numbers will be absolutely fine
Watch this video, it’ll help

Also this

If it was my choice, I’d get one of the kits of TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 10L depending on what you want versus the cost.

5600 CL46 is cheap Hynix and can overclock, 7200 CL34 is A die and fast and good for Intel and you could downclock it to 6000 CL30 pretty easily for AMD but you know it cab do 7200 CL 34 or higher.

I would strongly look at the 48gig kits as they are supposed to be better as per Buildzoid in the June 2023 buying guide video above.

Soldato
Have a look at g.skill S5 ripjaws, pretty sure they do a ddr5 6000 CL30 kit in that, no RGB though, but no extended heatsinks either, it's hynix A die too, sorry can't post a link, you'll have to use Google

F5-6000J3040F16GA2-RS5K​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Have a look at g.skill S5 ripjaws, pretty sure they do a ddr5 6000 CL30 kit in that, no RGB though, but no extended heatsinks either, it's hynix A die too, sorry can't post a link, you'll have to use Google

F5-6000J3040F16GA2-RS5K​

Thank you very much for that, I have the 'flare' variant of that ram on my list as I am after AMD EXPO rather than XMP - but like all of the other low profile kits you can get, no one in the UK is selling them unless they are redirecting you to USA based sellers.

What on earth has happened to the range of products available at UK stores, I can certainly remember a time when OCUK was at the forefront of what was available, but now it looks like there is a very limited choice available - have a range of manufacturers abandoned UK/EU markets and just focused on the US?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you very much for that, I have the 'flare' variant of that ram on my list as I am after AMD EXPO rather than XMP - but like all of the other low profile kits you can get, no one in the UK is selling them unless they are redirecting you to USA based sellers.

What on earth has happened to the range of products available at UK stores, I can certainly remember a time when OCUK was at the forefront of what was available, but now it looks like there is a very limited choice available - have a range of manufacturers abandoned UK/EU markets and just focused on the US?
I understand the EXPO thing, but just so you know, im using a G.Skill Trident Z5 XMP kit on my Ryzen AM5 system and its running amazing, Hynix A Die too, just testing 8000mhz as I type this, since the lastest bios has allowed my chip to run my FCLK at 2200mhz, got 7800mhz perfectly stable.

Yes I know what you mean about limited choice, OCuk do seem to have a very limited choice, you e definitely got to try and find what you want and then shop around for it, there's an A-data kit a lot of people in the USA are using and it looks and performs amazing, I'll see if I can find the product code for it, but no where to be found in the UK.

EDIT: Just had a look at the FlareX, its looks exactly the same lol, maybe the Flare is EXPO and the Ripjaws is XMP ? generally 6000mhz CL30 will be Hynix A Die, then 6200 CL32 would be A Die, 6400mhz CL32/34 A die and so on, if you go for something like 6000mhz CL36 then god knows what ICs you'd get.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I understand the EXPO thing, but just so you know, im using a G.Skill Trident Z5 XMP kit on my Ryzen AM5 system and its running amazing, Hynix A Die too, just testing 8000mhz as I type this, since the lastest bios has allowed my chip to run my FCLK at 2200mhz, got 7800mhz perfectly stable.

Yes I know what you mean about limited choice, OCuk do seem to have a very limited choice, you e definitely got to try and find what you want and then shop around for it, there's an A-data kit a lot of people in the USA are using and it looks and performs amazing, I'll see if I can find the product code for it, but no where to be found in the UK.

EDIT: Just had a look at the FlareX, its looks exactly the same lol, maybe the Flare is EXPO and the Ripjaws is XMP ? generally 6000mhz CL30 will be Hynix A Die, then 6200 CL32 would be A Die, 6400mhz CL32/34 A die and so on, if you go for something like 6000mhz CL36 then god knows what ICs you'd get.
Thanks for that, I really appreciate your input.

The corsair vengeance 6000 cl30 sticks aren't Hynix are they as they need 1.4v? I think I have read that they are Samsung, which is a bit of a shame as they are the only 6000 cl30 sticks you seem to be able to get easily in the UK.

Soldato

The corsair vengeance 6000 cl30 sticks aren't Hynix are they as they need 1.4v? I think I have read that they are Samsung, which is a bit of a shame as they are the only 6000 cl30 sticks you seem to be able to get easily in the UK.
Yeah that wont be Hynix at those speeds with those voltages, Hynix kind of uses those voltages up at 7800mhz speed kits, Sammy's arnt the best this time around like they were previously with B die on DDR4.

Man of Honour

Vengeance cl30 6000 EXPO - Hynix A die

FRqZ4Su.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I don't know about the others, but G.Skill:

Not easy to get hold off because they are a royal pain to deal with and I ain’t got the time for their antics.

A shame as the memory is nice but we can’t operate a business with a company that can’t fulfill purchase orders.

Otherwise I’d love to work with them.

Soldato
RAM overclocking can be sorted using patience and tons of effort or loads of voltage and a fan lol

Thats got nothing to do with stock voltage, voltage can be manually adjusted for overclocking.

Thats good that the new HWinfo shows what IC's the memory uses.

Ive never seen that before in HWInfo, but normally I just run sensors only, loads of helpful info in there though, like max supported voltagee etc, mine isnt showing the die, its displaying 0,0, maybe something to do with the fact im overclocking it lol, I know its A die though as the product code on the sticks is 20A, its showing its SK Hynix though.

Soldato
Ive never seen that before in HWInfo, but normally I just run sensors only, loads of helpful info in there though, like max supported voltagee etc, mine isnt showing the die, its displaying 0,0, maybe something to do with the fact im overclocking it lol, I know its A die though as the product code on the sticks is 20A, its showing its SK Hynix though.

Yeah i had to use taiphoon before and could never get it to run properly to get it working.

And now i dont need to, yey.

Associate
Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently pricing up a 7800x3d upgrade and am looking to pair it with 32GB of DDR5 6000 CL30 ram as that does seem like a bit of a sweet spot for this CPU. However, I am struggling to find a 'low profile' variant of this ram that would fit under a Noctua NH-D15 cooler. I can see that both Team group and G Skill produce something that would work absolutely fine, but nether seems to be available in the UK.

Am I missing soemthing obvious here, or is there a shortage of ram from a variety of manufacturers in the UK or have I overlooked an option that would work for me?

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions offered :)
Have you looked at the D15s is it’s better for taller RAM. Works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom