Is there a system where you can have a dummy mobile number going to a personal phone?

Soldato
Hi all,

We are looking to cancel all our work mobile phone contracts in a cost cutting exercise. Fortunately staff are really happy to use their personal phones, albeit with an incentive. That's fine.

The issue though, is for legal reasons all staff must be given a new 'work only' number. They are not allowed to give out their personal ones. Is there anything on the market where you can buy a mobile number and have it diverted to a personal one. The trick though, is that when they make a work call it has to look like it's coming from the work number.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sounds like you need a hosted voip solution.
Any decent Voip provider will give you the ability of a softphone client, then you just assign DDI's to your users, they wont be mobile numbers though.

Thanks!! I was slowly coming to that conclusion myself. The current phone system is about 20 years old we have already had discussions about upgrading it.

Alcatel rainbow I think they said would be the most cost effective solution for us.

Soldato
A PBX - hosted or on prem depending on numbers of users and what cost model suits you - with a mobile app is what you need. Allocate everyone a DDI. When the DDI or desk phone extension is called that rings on their mobile when they are signed in on the app. Work calls are made through the app so are routed through the PBX and show the work number.

Most decent vendors have a decent selection of clients, including PC so homeworkers can use it with a headset.

If you want a no obligation chat with a vendor who do a wide variety of hosted and on-prem solutions drop me an email.

Associate
Not a mobile 07 number that I'm aware of, I have a landline number from Sipgate connecting to the Zoiper app on my phone. Makes it look like I'm at home when away - has caused some confusion when phoning people and trying to explain this!

Soldato
How many users / numbers will you need? We use a hosted VOIP system that would allow you to do what your after as you run an app on your phone to use that number etc.

Back
Top Bottom