Is there a way to backup an iphone and also to copy data to a tablet device?

Associate
Im unfamiliar with Apple system and I need to know for an iphone device, if there is a way to connect and backup it up to, and eventually restore from, a tablet. Also if possible, under which the available OS that could be done Ipad IOS, a Windows 10 tablet, or an Android one. If you see other missed ways to do this please mention them. I must also state that Icloud is not an option, which i understand by my searches, may be the proposed way to accomplish this by manufacturer.

So can you simply plug an iphone to a windows 10 pc or an Ipad, or a Macos system and expect it to show in the file browser as a device you can browse files from and copy at will.

Soldato
You can’t plug an iPhone into an iPad but you can plug it into a PC. Whilst it shows in your file browser, what are you looking to accomplish?

When you see the iPhone in your file browser all you will see is your photos and videos etc

Associate
OP
Ok. So correct me if im wrong. I can connect an iphone to an atom Windows 10 tablet, then browse its files let say videos and photos (anything more apart of this?) transfer them to the tablet. My questions are:

Can i delete those videos and photos in the iphone from the same windows file explorer once im done transferring them to the tablet without causing any wreaking havoc.

Also, is there a way to copy the phonebook to the windows 10 tablet.

Basically i want to keep a local backup of as much as i can even if in the end i still need to make an icloud upload for the system itself.
It is not my phone, so i have no idea how an iphone works for this, here im just, you know, that pc guy that knows it all :/.

Associate
OP
But i want to make first a local backup of all photos and videos and preferably also the phonebook, then delete the photos and videos from the iphone before making the online backup.

Also i would have sworn that apple had some cross functionality between an iphone and an ipad so you could connect them and transfer data and make backups. It surprises me to be wrong on that. I mean, now i see ipad as a ludicrous oversized half bricked iphone that can only browse apps and play candy crush.

My first option was indeed to get an ipad.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok. So correct me if im wrong. I can connect an iphone to an atom Windows 10 tablet, then browse its files let say videos and photos (anything more apart of this?) transfer them to the tablet. My questions are:

Can i delete those videos and photos in the iphone from the same windows file explorer once im done transferring them to the tablet without causing any wreaking havoc. Yes

Also, is there a way to copy the phonebook to the windows 10 tablet. Only via iCloud/iTunes

Basically i want to keep a local backup of as much as i can even if in the end i still need to make an icloud upload for the system itself. Understood. All you’ll be able to backup via explorer, will be the contents of the camera roll (photos and videos). Anything else would have to be done via iTunes and/or iCloud.

Also, you can restore certain data between devices. I.e you can restore photos from an iPhone backup to an iPad, or iPad music to an iPhone etc.

Back
Top Bottom