Is there a way to play a game at X resolution & still have system at native?

Soldato
I am so wanting to play Ultima Online Outlands, I know a lower res would be way better, but can I just do 1 game throught Nvidie Control Panel?? I have vission issues, plus a '97 game client is being put on a 4k monitor, so that blurrs it up a lot.

Last edited:
Associate
Your monitor will just adjust to the lower resolution (if supported/ ratio) when playing if the game is set different to the operating system. Regardless of software in the game, drivers or monitor, upscaling and downscaling are always just that, information such as the pixels has to be added or compressed/removed one way or another.

Hopefully that answers what you were after.

Soldato
That is through tje NCP, where is the option? Wish the game had a resolutin option.

It's on the adjust desktop size tab but won't show if you have DSR or other image scaling enabled.

I didn't realise the game didn't have an option to select resolution so it may not work.

Soldato
OP
It is so annoying someone said, windows scalling will make it better, but to scale all of windows just for that seems unneeded. The bloody client they use came out in ;97, the game sounds like it would be awesome, plus you can make the graphics better, by editing the files. It is now easy though & to work as hard to make **** clear & sharp is just crazy. Someone one the forum made some UI elements that look nice, but he won't send me the files & videos say the community is helpful. I so want to play, but I am thinking of just saying F it. The programer has no intention to switch to the enhanced client. It makes me mad that most people don't care.

Back
Top Bottom