Is there a way to see VA ghosting/smearing?

Caporegime
OP
Oh, but I want a shiny new VA or IPS! Ehh, considering it will sort of be a stop-gap for a few years till I go 4K, that TN is now on my list - thanks. Just been on the fence so damn long, and honestly part of me wants to go for a 4K TV already. Anyway, I'll have to wait till Ampere or Navi.

Same I'm in a new house new desk and now want that new monitor

Permabanned
Go and see one for yourself or buy it in good faith and if it is bad return it, you cannot go 100% by a video online took by a camera and watched in your monitor.

I will say what I said before, I will not buy a TN again or use a IPS for gaming/movies due to blacks or lack of, again IPS has glow so its swings and roundabouts.

Caporegime
OP
Go and see one for yourself or buy it in good father and if it sis bad return it, you cannot go 100% by a video online took by a camera and watched in your monitor.

I will say what I said before, I will not buy a TN again or use a IPS for gaming/movies due to blacks or lack of, again IPS has glow so its swings and roundabouts.

I'm wondering if anyone has one around Cardiff.

Yeah I'm neve going for tn that's for sure

I'm actually tempted to get a 60hz ips for photography and a different monitor for games/films.

I'm not even sure if ultrawide is workable for photography and 3d design

Associate
This is an old thread, but in case anyone comes across it while searching for the topic, the latest Samsung G7 Odyssey panels from Samsung don't have any ghosting or smearing. With the latest firmware update, there's no flickering, either. I've got the 27" version and the image quality is awesome - much better than any IPS monitor (I've tried the LG 27GN950 and the 27GN850 but couldn't stand the massive IPS glow and BLB issues). The only downside is the extreme 1000R curve which is unnecessary on a 27" 16:9 screen, but if you can live with that, look nor further. After colour calibration, the picture looks so good that I doubt we'll see anything better until or unless OLED-based gaming monitors start to become available.

Back
Top Bottom