• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there any truth that AMD cards are bad at Tessellation

Well at some stage AMD need to bump up tessellation hardware after Nvidia go around paying dev's to over use it, so stupid websites don't mark them down for it. These things go in circles, one company does something utterly retarded to win a pointless benchmark, the other company has to follow or expect Average Joe to understand why Nvidia wins and why it doesn't matter...

What proof do you have of Nvidia paying devs to include crazy amounts of tesselation in games? Note, Games, not game, so you can't say just crysis 2 or whatever.

Do you really think Nvidia could afford to pay gamedevs for the lost sales from all AMD owners after it all gets out that they can't play the game on proper settings?

Conspiracy BS.

Even if NVidia do go around paying developers to use excessive amounts of tessellation it doesn't change the fact that the only reason it works is because AMD GPU's perform poorly with extreme levels of tessellation.

I remember the furore back in the day when NVidia were overriding/replacing shaders in the 3DMark2001 Nature Test (hardly any games at the time used pixel shading but there was still rightly anger), what AMD are doing by overriding application requested tessellation levels is basically the same thing but it seems to be more acceptable nowadays.

Last edited:
59316.png

What was Anad's exact settings? :)

I just got 5380 Points (X64 Extreme Tessellation, Image 4)

It's frames per second, just run it at default on my 7950 and got 724 fps average (set 4 / 8x tess @ 1080p), so im assuming that's what the graph shows :).

Back
Top Bottom