Is there anyway to backup my iphone

Soldato
The screen not working on my iphone and am trying to back it up by using itunes but am getting this below
I think the phone is on because the computer can see it, But of cause i can't confirm as the iphone screen doesn't work

3IYBHpN.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You have to confirm on your phone, if you can't, it won't allow access due to security reasons. Do you not have an iCloud backup you can restore onto a replacement/fixed phone?

Soldato
Potentially if you can enable Siri and then in turn Voiceover, as you could use a combination of a USB wired and a Bluetooth keyboard to navigate your way through the iPhone and authorise the iTunes connection/backup.
Have tried this a long time ago on a iPhone 8 and it worked, albeit a pain in the rectum.

But thinking out a loud, HDMI adaptor with a keyboard attached may also work - can't say i've tried this though.

Edit - Quick Google returned this Apple Discussions thread where users mention the keyboard method - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5839619

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You have to confirm on your phone, if you can't, it won't allow access due to security reasons. Do you not have an iCloud backup you can restore onto a replacement/fixed phone?
Potentially if you can enable Siri and then in turn Voiceover, as you could use a combination of a USB wired and a Bluetooth keyboard to navigate your way through the iPhone and authorise the iTunes connection/backup.
Have tried this a long time ago on a iPhone 8 and it worked, albeit a pain in the rectum.

But thinking out a loud, HDMI adaptor with a keyboard attached may also work - can't say i've tried this though.

Edit - Quick Google returned this Apple Discussions thread where users mention the keyboard method - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5839619
Siri working but i have no idea what to ask it to do

Soldato
Siri working but i have no idea what to ask it to do
"Siri, turn on/off voiceover" - with voiceover enabled, 'Siri' will read out what you're "looking" at which will help you navigate the iPhone.

As said, you need a wired USB keyboard (and lightning to USB adaptor) as well as a bluetooth keyboard. With the wired keyboard you enter your pin and setup bluetooth for the bluetooth keyboard. Then connect to iTunes (via USB) and use the bluetooth keyboard to accept permissions.
That's the gist although there are better guides on the internet, so worth doing a Google.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I hate to be 'that guy' but for goodness sake, when you get your phone replaced, enable iCloud backup.
I think it was enabled, but I don't when the last time it did a back up

And the main thing which I wanted backed up was my contact numbers. But there only 4 of them on the icloud website when I looked :confused:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Why don’t you just get the screen replaced and be done with it. Backup the phone and then wipe and sell?

You got no chance getting in that phone for a backup unless you can confirm that pin/password on the phone itself.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think it was enabled, but I don't when the last time it did a back up

And the main thing which I wanted backed up was my contact numbers. But there only 4 of them on the icloud website when I looked :confused:
It's possible you may have unselected contacts to be included in the backup. You can turn certain parts off, such as photos, contacts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom